Nba Live 2003 vs. NBA 2K3

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BertFalasco, Jan 6, 2003.

1. BertFalasco

BertFalasco Supporting Actor

Gamecube
    I feel I must post because I have searched high and low on the internet. Every review seems to consist of equal quality although some facial details in NBA 2K3 seem to be better.
    Can anyone recommend either and type why? I also want to know if NBA Live 2003 is 16x9 as this will be mostly why I'll pick it up, I have been wanting to know for quite some time. I even emailed EA days ago!
    Any specs on NBA 2K3 would be appreciated too, pretty sure nothing typed about it for GC in the HD thread.
    Thanks
    -Bert

2. Cameron Seaman

Cameron Seaman Supporting Actor

Bert I do know that NBA Live is considered to have more of an "arcade" type of feel and the stats sometimes end up being very unrealistic.

On the other hand, NBA 2k is considered to be more of a basketball sim and it runs at a much slower pace because of this.

I would say that most basketball enthusiests would choose NBA 2k because of its realism.

I haven't found anything on the 16:9 or progressive stats of either.

3. Mike Pattee

Mike Pattee Second Unit

NBA 2k3 on xbox is 16:9 and capable of 720p.

4. BertFalasco

Well, my friend and I just hit up Best Buy and Subway and I picked up last copy of NBA Live 2003, and no sight of NBA 2K3. He had some troubles with some MK Konquest so I am off to my house to kick some anus in Live. Payce

-Bert

5. Damien

Damien Supporting Actor

I have Live and think it is crap. Basically it's a 2002 version of 5-5 NBA Jam. The players run at blistering speeds, blocks are way to frequent, unrealistic, and over-the-top...and steals,fouls,commentating, also suck. The main thing is there is really no way to run an effective half-court offense at all.

Even if you don't like sims, I still can't recommened it because the overall gameplay of holding turbo and slamming with anthony mason gets old fast.

6. BertFalasco

Well, I did in fact get it for 30 bucks..probobly because it came out back in October and maybe others feel the way you do Damien but it's great four player kicking back and eating salsa and chips and what not.
    Need a friggin 256 memory card so I can Franchise it up damnit...
    -Bert
    Also- The circles on the court are perfectly circular yet it is still seemingly stretched and somewhat blurs character sprites. Thank goodness for my ordering of the component cable last night [​IMG].