What's new

NBA finals - says 5.1 but only 2 speakers with sound (1 Viewer)

Len Cheong

Second Unit
When i watched the NBA finals broadcasted on ABC, how come I could not get full 5.1 even when my processor says its 5.1. I do sometimes get full 5.1 on other channels but was wondering why this was happening. I have a 6200.

Andrew Pezzo

Second Unit
I noticed that also. I get the feeling its 2.0, not 5.1. My rotel RSP-1068 was diplaying DD 5.1 but I accidentally noticed nothing coming from the center channel. I will say though that the imaging from my front L/R was dead center because I had not accidentally realized it I would have thought it was 5.1.

Elliott Willschick

Second Unit
I have had this issue as well. I have a scientific atlanta 3100, although I may be wrong about the model no. Regardless, ABC always does this. Sometimes it will be 5.1 and sometimes 2 channel but my processor always shows 5.1.

Todd Henry

Second Unit
The NBA finals use ESPN's technology which broadcasts in Circle Surround 5.1 You need a receiver that can decode Circle Surround or use your ProLogic setting manually.

Todd

Jeff Martin

Auditioning
is ABC broadcasting the Finals in HD? I just set up my local antenna system last night and would like to watch the game, (or the rest of them) in HD. I want the Pistons to win...but if they broadcast in HD, I want the Lakers to win atleast one more game or two so I can watch more in HD on my new tv.

Jeff Martin

Auditioning
is ABC broadcasting the Finals in HD? I just set up my local antenna system last night and would like to watch the game, (or the rest of them) in HD. I want the Pistons to win...but if they broadcast in HD, I want the Lakers to win atleast one more game or two so I can watch more in HD on my new tv.

Len Cheong

Second Unit
The last 4 games have been in HD. Tonight will be HD too and Thursday and Sunday but that's up to the Lakers. Do Denons do CircleSurround?

Len Cheong

Second Unit
The last 4 games have been in HD. Tonight will be HD too and Thursday and Sunday but that's up to the Lakers. Do Denons do CircleSurround?

<Matt>

Auditioning
May be too late by now, but I figured out you have to set the tuner to have PCM digital output (or use an analog output) in order for a non-Circle Surround equipped receiver to use Pro Logic.

Matt

<Matt>

Auditioning
May be too late by now, but I figured out you have to set the tuner to have PCM digital output (or use an analog output) in order for a non-Circle Surround equipped receiver to use Pro Logic.

Matt

RickGr

Second Unit
Remember too that not all affiliates of the networks even have the equipment to pass 5.1 along. The growth of the number of affiliates equipped for 5.1 has moved along at a snails pace.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks