What's new

NBA 2012-13 Regular Season Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Grant Hill and Jason Kidd have retired.

It's a shame to see injuries taking a major toll on Hill, after leaving the Pistons. It was as if, he disappeared from the NBA all together. As for Kidd, he was at the right place a couple years ago, being on the Mavericks team to win it all.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Ockeghem said:
I thought I'd post my pick to win it all. I've got San Antonio to win it all regardless of whom they play in the NBA Finals.
If LeBron James does not get more help from a few of his teammates, this series will be over quickly. James goes for a triple double (18-18-10), but it really doesn't matter. I don't believe that the Heat can beat this Spurs team four times with the "Big One-and-a-Half." It could be that James will have to score upwards of thirty-five or forty points-per-game (and obviously he can do this) to defeat the Spurs four times in this series.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400467195

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
The Heat are kind of schizophrenic -- some nights they look unbeatable, and other nights they look blah. Only Lebron tends to be consistent, night in and night out.

Remember last year's finals. They blew the first game and killed the next four.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Aaron,Yep, I sure do remember last year, as well as a couple of other series (last year and this year) where the Heat lost the first game en route to winning their respective series. But these are the Spurs, and I'm thinking that game two (Sunday) will be the last game in Miami this year. (And no, I'm not thinking that Miami will win the next four games. ;))

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I heard this morning that the team that wins game three during the era of the 2-3-2 format (which I despise) wins the NBA Finals 92% of the time.

Go Spurs!

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
LeBron James has had 17 points, 18 points, and 15 points in the first three games of the NBA Finals. San Antonio is denying him the lanes to the rim much of the time, forcing him to take outside shots. He missed 11 of his first 13 shots in game three, which certainly didn't help the cause.

Although Miller shot the lights out for Miami last night, the Heat need a few others (e.g., Chalmers and Haslem) to step up if they hope to win this series. I don't believe that there is any way that the Heat can defeat the Big Three (Green, Leonard, and Neal) four times without James getting some help.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Aaron,Well, it seems like you were right. Even if San Antonio takes game five, I can't see Miami losing game six and game seven at home. The Spurs had their chance, and they squandered it last night. I really didn't think that this series would return to Miami.

We may as well crown the Heat 2013 NBA Champions at this point. This will be the first time Popovich has lost an NBA Finals.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Although I'm a die-hard Celtics fan, I do follow the Detroit Pistons and watch a lot of their games. With the signing of Josh Smith (a pretty good defender of LeBron James), Luigi Datome, and now the return of Chauncey Billups (who should never have been let go in the first place in my opinion), this team will be interesting to follow for me next year. What I like about Datome is his 16+ points-per-game, over 40% from the three-point arc, and his 92% from the free-throw line. I wouldn't have minded him coming to Boston, actually.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2013/07/detroit-pistons-to-sign-luigi-datome-from-italy-for-3-5-million/

Users who are viewing this thread