Naxos Joins Super Audio!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Lee Scoggins, Sep 6, 2002.

1. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee
    http://www.scena.org/columns/anson/020901-PA-naxos.html
    See where Naxos is building a catalog of Super Audio titles in lower paragraph.
    Naxos, while a budget classical label, has consistently been able to capture great performances and get great sonic results via the use of top engineers like Tony Faulkner.
    A lot of my classical collection is Naxos and they make some of the best redbook recordings out there.
    More and more labels are getting into Super Audio whatever one may think about the format.
    This and the Universal news I just posted is very indicative of the grass roots momentum that may establish the format at least as a strong niche player.
    If Sony flips the switch (possibly after royalties are collected on all these upcoming releases and new capacity is on line) and goes all hybrid in the future, that could turbocharge the whole thing.

2. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee
  3. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Ah, now we're talking! I very much want a high-res version of Mozart's Requiem. I sure hope it's a good performance.

4. Joe Cole

Joe Cole Second Unit

Lee,

Thanks for the updates on new SACDs/labels. As a classical/jazz fan I am most please.

Will all of this new stuff encourage Telarc to release more/faster in SACD? They have quite a catalog of jazz/classic stuff.

5. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee

6. Emil Stoica

Emil Stoica Second Unit

Telarc is just stuck in the backlog with others due to the Stones discs. Except some titles starting end of this month.