Navigating discs with Sony Jukebox

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by mike miller, Apr 19, 2004.

1. mike miller

mike miller Auditioning

Has anyone found a way to quickly navigate through your 400 DVDs with the Sony Jukebox? I entered all mine in with a keyboard, then selected Generes (something I'd advise against), and now in order to browse them, I need to go ONE BY ONE. And it's a slow one by one at that.

If I hold the DOWN or UP arrow, it will allow me to "flip" quickly through the discs, but without any information but number. I entered these in no order at all, figuring the machine would help me order them.

Is it any better if you don't enter a genere? I think the pictures corresponding to the generes is the thing that slows it down.

Please help if you have one of these POSs. Watching movies is a chore now.

Thanks,
    Mike

2. CalvinCarr

CalvinCarr Supporting Actor

The only thing I have been able to do is make up a play list alphabetically on my computer and print it and have it near the stereo. This way when you add new music you can update the list.[​IMG]

3. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

* Please, no "bumping" of this or any thread.

* Ask about DVD player-related issues here in A/V Sources, not Receivers/Amps. Thank you.

4. mike miller

mike miller Auditioning

Thanks for the reply, Calvin. That seems like a poor way to design a jukebox. I really wish I tested this thing out before I loaded 150 DVDs and 200 CDs into it. I was hoping that if I left the Genere blank, I would be able to quickly scroll through them and not get hung up on the pictures.

Thanks again.

5. mike miller

mike miller Auditioning

Hey Jack Briggs, did you notice that you posted at 4:20 on 4/20? Are you trying to tell us something?

(bubble bubble bubble...)

Put some Marley on that CD player mon!

6. Steve Raimand

Mike you can sort the disks alphabetically. Sony's Explorer does leave a lot to be desired as it does not allow you to page down though. You have to arrow down.

You can also create alpha sections in the the four custom folders i.e. A-E, F-L etc. You assign your DVD's and CD's to each approriate folder you set up.

7. mike miller

mike miller Auditioning

Thanks Steve. I think I'm going to unload the whole thing and start over. I'm hoping if I never assign any discs to generes, the pictures won't slow down my navigation. Unfortunately, some discs automatically get assigned a genere.

That's a great idea about the folders too...I'm going to do that as well. Thanks again.

8. Grant B

Grant B Producer

I just put them in DVD profiler and print out a report everyonce in a while. That's the easiest way I have found