What's new

Nautilus 802 vs. Infinity Prelude MTS (1 Viewer)

krassyG

Auditioning
I just picked up an Infinity Prelude MTS system, but I also have a good offer for a Nautilus 802 system as well. Both systems are used. I have read all of the reviews about both speakers and they are both highly recommended. Which one would you keep? Room size is not an issue, amps are Classe CAM-250 and CAV-180.

Regards,
Chris

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
It might be worth it to purchase both sets of speakers. Then, allow yourself a week or so to "demo" them in your environment. The set you like the least, can then be put up for sale.

However, this all depends on whether you'd lose any money in the process. If you are fairly confident that you could get the price that you paid for the speakers you decide not to keep, then this would work out well.

Mike Bassi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike Bassi
Both speakers are very very good. I enjoyed both when listening to them. Tony and Wayne have great advice, pick the one you like best. If you can't decide on just pure sound, then go with what looks best in your house. The 802's are a work of art, and the Infinity Preludes are ugly at best but sound great. If you can get both and listen to them in your house and then off load the ones you like least, then your way ahead of the game. Not many people have the ability to have both sets of speakers of this caliber and be able to off load the ones you like least. It's like having 2 great quarterbacks on one team, and not sure who to start. It's a great problem to have. One thing about the Infinity Prelude's for me was that I came in to hearing these speakers pre judged. I didn't like Infinity, I didn't like the looks or anything about them, but once I sat down and really listend to them, I was blown away.

Cheers
Mike

DonJ

Second Unit
I would pic the N802 out of these 2 but I would also consider Paradigm Reference Signature.

macMing

Auditioning
Is the reference series really considered on par with those 2 speakers? What about the Nautilcus 803?

I heard the Reference Signature S2s powered by Primare A20.2, and they were soo sensitive, smooth, and natural sounding. I think I may end up getting that pair if I can't find anything better in my area. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks