What's new

Naughty Marietta and Sweetheatrts on April (1 Viewer)

RafaelPires

Supporting Actor
Movies unlimited is listing both for an exclusive April release. I wonder if they will be pressed discs or dvdr.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
These are listed on the TCM Exclusive website, so they are part of the TCM/Universal releases. For some reason, despite clearly being a double feature of Nelson Eddy and Jeanette MacDonald films, there is no 2 disc set with both of these titles. Hopefully, it will be updated on TCM.com later.

These will almost certainly be released pressed.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Could this not be part of a TCM Spotlight release that they have done with Warner's before, such the Doris Day, Charlie Chan and Esther Williams releases? It is about time for one of those to be announced, Which would lend itself to being pressed and most welcomed.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Originally Posted by ahollis

Could this not be part of a TCM Spotlight release that they have done with Warner's before, such the Doris Day, Charlie Chan and Esther Williams releases? It is about time for one of those to be announced, Which would lend itself to being pressed and most welcomed.

No. The TCM Shop has "Exclusive!" at the end of each title. They only put that on their TCM/Universal titles (and that very short-lived Westchester films DVD-r line), which aren't sold in general retail.

You're right in being a bit suspicious, though. These are both movies that were made at MGM. A new line, perhaps?

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
OH HAPPY DAY!!!!!!!! ANOTHER BEST PICTURE NOMINEE FOR MY COLLECTION!!!!!! Now I don't have to use the copy I burnt from my PVR! Woot! It's a ok movie, but I need it for my collection...

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
Originally Posted by battlebeast

OH HAPPY DAY!!!!!!!! ANOTHER BEST PICTURE NOMINEE FOR MY COLLECTION!!!!!! Now I don't have to use the copy I burnt from my PVR! Woot! It's a ok movie, but I need it for my collection...

Considering that you're very likely to get a burnt disc, I'm not sure just how much of a difference there will be from your PVR version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks