Naturopaths, what do you think of them?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Adam_S, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Adam_S

Adam_S Producer

Adam_S
    There was an interesting article in the LA Times yesterday on Naturopaths becoming licensed for the state of California, and I wondered what others think of them in general.

Naturopaths article

2. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

Leave it to California to require licensing for nature paths. We're not driving on them we're walking, or sometimes biking or even using a wheelchair. This is just another taxing scam and I'm against it.

Emily Litella

3. Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish Screenwriter

Henry/Emily- Did you read the article? This isn't about the nature paths that we walk on -- it's about Naturopaths. They are a branch of the medical community that relies on treatments from natural sources as opposed to pharmaceuticals.

4. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

Oh, O.K.
    Well, nevermind. [​IMG]

5. Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish Screenwriter

Errr...ummm...hrrrmm...did I miss an inside joke right there? If not, then please disregard this post. If I did, please forgive my stupidity. Thanks! [​IMG]

6. mark alan

mark alan Supporting Actor

Emily Litella - Gilda Radner in SNL

Emily Litella: I'm here tonight to speak out against busting schoolchildren. Busting schoolchildren is a terrible, terrible thing. I hear this is going on all over the country. Mean policemen arrest little children and put them in jail in the wrong neighborhood, so they can't even play with their little friends. Imagine, busting schoolchildren! The food in jail isn't good, and even though they get bread, I don't believe they can get toast. Or nice cake. Now, who will tuck them in? Where will they hang their leggings? Where will they set up their little lemonade stands? Well, they don't have toys in jail, except maybe..

Chevy Chase: [ interrupting ] Miss Litella?

Emily Litella: Yes?

Chevy Chase: I'm sorry. The editorial was on bussing schoolchildren. Bussing. Not busting.

Emily Litella: Oh. I'm sorry. Never mind.

7. Elinor

Elinor Supporting Actor

Let me guess. Brian is WELL under 30 ....

I just kind of skimmed the article.

I personally believe in a blend of traditional (med school) treatment and naturopathic.

There are a lot of nuts out there who want very ill people to believe that their cancer can be cured with seaweed and happy thoughts. If I had cancer, I'd want a little more in my arsenal, personally.

My ideal doctor, if I could have him for my dr. would be Dr. Andrew Weil. I believe he calls his approach "integrative medecine." It does incorporate elements of med. school medecine and the most objectively verifiable elements of holistic/naturopathic medecine.