Natural Born Killers

Discussion in 'DVD' started by JonBoriss, Dec 9, 2003.

1. JonBoriss

JonBoriss Stunt Coordinator

Which version of Natural Born Killers should I buy? I want to get the Directors Cut but I was reading on Digital Bits that the video, audio, and extras are better on Oliver Stone Collection disc. Are they that drastically different? Am I missing out that much if I buy the DC?

2. Vic Cordova

Vic Cordova Agent

personally, i much prefer the director's cut to the original cut... just a tad more manic. the DC also has commentary, deleted scenes, interviews, a charlie rose segment, and the alternate ending, as well as some other things, if i'm not mistaken. BUT! it's not anamorphic...

3. JonBoriss

JonBoriss Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the reply. I'm more interested in a better movie and the extras sound better to so I guess I'll get te DC

4. Keith Paynter

Keith Paynter Screenwriter

Good call, its excessive graphic nature of the DC really tends to exaggerate the dark humor of the whole film. As Stone said in the commentary, the cuts by the MPAA actually made the film more violent.

5. Simon Massey

Simon Massey Cinematographer

Simon Massey
    If you have a player that can play Region 2 discs, an anamorphic version of the Director's Cut along with all the extras on the R1 version (as far as I can tell) is available on R2. That is if you dont mind the PAL speedup

6. Dave H

Dave H Producer

Which Region 1 version looks better? The director's cut or theatrical cut? I know the theatrical is anamorphic which gives it a big advantage.

7. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

Even though not 16x9, the Dir Cut looks pretty good. At least it did on my 27 inch TV.