What's new

'National Lampoon's Xmas Vacation 2'...what is THIS? (1 Viewer)

Russell B

Stunt Coordinator
This movie sounds like it will reek. I heard a few years ago about a National Lampoons Australian Vacation, haven't heard much since then. Chevey and Beverly wanted to do it.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I was talking to a friend yesterday, and he suggested that they make a thanksgiving movie. My response was: "No, I think this franchise has pretty much ran its coarse."

then I read this thread...now I'm waiting for the eventual "backyard vacation."

Dax P

Stunt Coordinator
The pilot information is correct. I think the series was to have starred Gary Cole and... Um. Can't recall. I'm thinking Shelley Long, but then that's both of the Brady Bunch movie cast, and that doesn't sound right, I'd have remembered that...

Not disappointed that we never got the opportunity to see this (although if available, my curiosity WOULD get the best of me...).

If Vacation were to be a series, it'd be funny if there was a different Rusty and Audrey every week...

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Helen Slater was the female lead in the pilot. IIRC, they called it American Adventure.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Too bad, I must be one of the only people in the world that enjoyed the Mystery Men movie, and thought it had some funny moments.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Neil, that may be an NL project, but at least it's not the Griswalds. Best to move along from the Griswald clan if they are going to continue the holiday film type of thing.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
National Lampoon has been licensing out their brand name a lot lately. In the mid-90s, they slapped it on a bunch of Showtime cable movies.

Recently, they've added it to Repli-Kate. That movie was released over a year ago DTV, but was then re-released with the "National Lampoon's" added to the title.

John_bri

Grip
I can believe a lame sequel being made like this. Christmas Vacation is an ok movie but A Christmas Story is the best IMHO

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rekhasharmatdiu
Recent bookmarks