What's new

Natalie Portman SNL Digital Short (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
There's a 39MB version that's floating around, and it's much larger in resolution, and still brings the funny.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
This was funny. I even went to the trouble of extracting off of my DTivo and converted it to MPEG so I could archive it to disc. It was around 42.5 MBs.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
It seems the last part of the link is an ID code and changes each time it's accessed. If anyone is still looking to archive this clip, check out the source code and look for this link:

http://[/url] 64.237.40.71/media/mov/s/snlnatalieportmanrapmd.mov

There will be a ?=mediaxxxxxxx after it, include the whole url and load it in your browser and it should work.

-paul

RichardK

Second Unit
I like it! Nat P is one of my all-time favorites! Not digging her so much with the short hair, but it'll grow back....

"We love you Natalie!"
"I wanna *#@! you too."

I always knew that was true!

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
It makes sense. This skit, as well as "Lazy Sunday" are likely to be on upcoming "Best of" SNL DVDs, so it's in their best interest to limit availability.

And back on topic, Natalie rocks in that clip :D

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
I think she looks pretty cute with her hair all short.

She reminds me of Ally Sheady (when she get the makeover in Breakfast Club) in the "interview" parts of that video.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
"What you want Natalie!?"

"To drink and fight!!"

"What you need Natalie!?"

"To f**k all night!!"

My God, I never in a million years envisioned dear sweet Natalie like this! :laugh:

It was hot, too. :)

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i may be in the minority, but i thought it was ho-hum. i mean if i'd never seen Lazy Sunday, i'd be rolling on the floor, but this is like self-plagurism :P

RichardK

Second Unit

yeah, Lazy set the bar.

I like this just as well though.

1. It's Nat P. (delicious)
2. The lyrics. (see posted quotes)

Peace

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
I completely agree. I found this to be a lame attempt to capitalize on "Lazy Sunday", and orchestrate the same sorta buzz that spontaneously occurred with that one. Not funny.

The Voice - which was fairly instrumental in spreading the popularity of "Lazy Sunday" to all of us who don't watch SNL - gave it a pretty good drubbing: "One of the things that made "Lazy Sunday" great was that it wasn't the standard crypto-racist check-it-out-y'all pidgin-talk that we usually get when white people do rap parodies. Samberg and Parnell didn't rap in exaggerated honky voices, and they didn't make jokes about shooting people; they just rapped to the best of their ability about what sounded like the sort of day they might've actually had. It also pretty much works as a rap song. All that goes out the window with the Portman clip; she goes way overboard spouting rap cliches, breaking a bottle over her head and talking about "doing 120 getting head while I'm swerving," sticking close to the clueless white person's idea of what mainstream rap sounds like. That shit's not funny. And unlike Parnell and Samberg, she can't even sort of rap."

I only disagree with that last line: Parnell can rap his ass off, not merely "sort of rap". His flow is brilliant.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Was it really meant to be taken that seriously?! Perhaps I lack the appropriate background, having never heard of "Lazy Sunday", but this clip is the best Eminem impersonation I've ever seen (not that I've seen many)...

--
H

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
H, "Lazy Sunday" is the name of the "Chronic-WHAT-cles of Narnia" rap that two of the SNL guys did, about going to see a movie on the weekend after getting cupcakes at the bakery. Have you not seen that clip anywhere on the web? Maybe you just didn't know it by name.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Actually I believe it was patterned off of an old Eazy-E song/video (especially the "and all the ladies, I'm talking to you..."we love you Eazy-E"...I wanna %$@# you too!" is one I know is a direct rip. The fact they did Lazy Sunday recently, I can understand why people think it's a rip off of that, but it's not. I have an NWA CD or 2 at home, when I get there I'll see if the Eazy-E song is on there. If it is a solo effort, I won't have it.

I think that's why I (and a few of my friends) found it so funny, because we immediately flashed back to the Eazy-E video and not to Lazy Sunday.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Just found the lyric online, it's from "Gangsta Gangsta" by NWA (album: Straight Outta Compton). Won't post it (it will offend someone, guaranteed) but for those interested...well there you have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks