What's new

NATALIE PORTMAN as LOIS LANE in the new Superman (1 Viewer)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Okay lets see what we have so far... Nathan Lane as Lois Lane, Josh Hartnett as Superman, Michael Myers as Clark Kent, Patrick Stewart as Lex Luther, Brian Cox as Perry White, and Colin 'feckin' Farrell in a cameo as "foul-mouthed oirish henchman",
it's coming along nicely...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Just an interesting tidbit, if Eliza Dushku was to get the part as Lois Lane, and if Matthew Bomer was cast as Superman (as the rumors hinted at earlier in the year), you could have seen how their on screen chemistry panned out in this past week of "Tru Calling" on FOX.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Eliza is an interesting choice.
i don't think i would have ever thought of her myself, but now that i think about it, she would probably be great fit.
i don't see Lois as being glamourous or poster girl pretty.
she has spunk and a strong personality that makes her more attractive than just a head shot would indicate.
maybe getting raised on Noel Neil and Margot Kidder gave me this impression, but as atttractive as Hatcher was, something about her Lois i found to be lacking (although it could have just been the overall cheesy nature of the series).
compared to Hatcher, Dushku is more of a character actress than a conventional leading lady.

i would think a star reporter would embody qualities like: toughness, tenacity,a predatory nature, manipulative, sometimes grating, sometimes oblivious to other peoples feelings, with the abitlity to be charming when needed, so much into her work that might sometimes neglect things like make-up and fashion, unless she was looking to charm an interview subject.
i would love to see them base the character of Lois slightly on the character of Charles Tatum in Ace In The Hole, and then use Superman and their relationship to soften her a little and humanize her (the force of his personality & values as a vehicle for positive change?...nah, superman should just smash stuff...thats real power that the 10 yr olds and retarded adults can relate to.)

of course i would rather have unknowns all around.
Avi Arad realizes one thing that apparantly WBs corporate stooges do not, and that is the property is the star and the draw, not the celeb name on the marquee.

ultimately who cares, as this film will be all flash and no depth anyway (even the fact that they were seriously considering someone like McG shows where their hearts and priorites lie)

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
I thought Miss Herslag was turning away from acting after Star Wars, has she changed her mind?

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Both Natalie Portman and Eliza Dusku seem wrong ethnicly. Lois has usually been prtrayed as Irish and they're Jewish and Albanian, respectively. Of course, Smallville made me buy an Asian Lana Lang, so I suppose it might work.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Margot Kidder didnt age well at all. But when she was young, I thought she was very cute.I know where I can find some pics of her in her early 20s but Im at work now and cant look them up here(Ill get fired:) ).

Kidder as Lane was appropriate for the time and period.

It seems they want to start from scratch (instead of going with the first 2 movies.BAD idea!) and theyre looking at a younger cast.

If they want a early 20s Lois, here would be my pick....Zooey Deschanel

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Zooey can be currently seen in "Elf" and she's very cute in that movie (though she's a bit brusk at the beginning because she's a bit defensive).

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Okay lets see what we have so far... Nathan Lane as Lois Lane, Josh Hartnett as Superman, Michael Myers as Clark Kent, Patrick Stewart as Lex Luther, Brian Cox as Perry White, and Colin 'feckin' Farrell in a cameo as "foul-mouthed oirish henchman",
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well, the only problem I have with that casting is Farrell. I'm not convinced he does a good foul-mouthed Irishman. ;)

"Lois" would have to wear pink. After all, one DOES want a HINT of color. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks