Natalie Merchant - Motherland

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Shawn C, Jan 15, 2002.

1. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

Ugh...I really wanted to like this CD. I bought it 'sound-unheard' about three days ago. I have to honestly say that this is the most BORING CD I have purchased in quite a while.

There is some really nice music on it, it's just that the CD has a very boring and lifeless feel to it. I can't put my finger on it. Anyone else feel the same way?

2. Henry C

Henry C Stunt Coordinator

I admit, some of the songs are kinda slow. But that's what I like about her music, it can be a little mellow. But I really liked the CD.

Henry

3. MikeAW

MikeAW Second Unit

Never really like her but the album cover makes you think about things, specifically that even Natalie feels the competition from the Madonna Factor, despite her seeming Female Consciousness image.

I read in PULSE that she originally wanted an environmentally themed pic with gas masks, but 9-11 scotched that plan. Can't wait to see her in one of those Mariah Carey swim suits. Maybe next album...or the inner CD sleeve, at least...with a gas mask.

4. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee
    I agree Shawn....very boring. NOt a single song I'm excited about.
    Nice rack, though. [​IMG]
    Lee

5. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

I was going to refrain from commenting about the CD cover, but now that the cat is out of the bag...
    Hoooooweeeeeeeeeee! [​IMG] [​IMG]