What's new

Nascar phrase you'd never expect.... (1 Viewer)

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
Some punishment dished out in Nascar, but this comment is a riot...

Gee... bubble gum ? Diet Coke ? A soccer ball ?

What next ? Dodge entering a Town & Country into Nascar ? Will be interesting to see the "Camry" sheetmetal job they do to a race frame.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Last I saw it looked the same as the Dodge, Chevy and Ford bodies, just with a Toyota emblem painted on. Keep in mind the cars all have basically the same lines.

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
I watched most of the qualifying Sunday and I was wondering what this substance was. They interviewed Michael and he said they just had a leak and oil was getting into the cavity. It will be interesting to see what NASCAR finds.

There are small, cosmetic differences in all the cars, but they all have to fit the same templates now.

David McGough

Second Unit

I think NASCAR is sending out a message to Toyota
They just not be as welcomed as thought.
This is a slap in the face.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Supposedly "rocketfuel" crew chief suspended, find 100,000. Team fined money. Team lost cup points (100) before the race began.

David McGough

Second Unit
Did anyone else notice that Richard Childress won his second Daytona 500 exactly six years TO THE DAY after Dale Earnhardt's death?

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
Good race, great ending and the TV coverrage gets better each year. Nice HD feed, and I don't think I heard Waltrip say "boogety-boogety" even once !

Question on drafting: Since Havrick seemed to get some sort of push from a "wall draft", had Martin stayed inside would that have slowed Kevin down a bit ?

Gotta say Martin showed a lot of class post-race for coming across second. So did Busch for proactively apologizing when his bump into Stewart didn't appear like his fault. With each car at 100% throttle around the track, any let-up on the juice is disaster in the making and it did appear Stewart let off.

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
Fox needs to get rid of that GPS/3D thing. They tried it during the Bud Shootout and the 500 and it looks ridiculous and reveals nothing. Other than that, I enjoyed the race.

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve

DW did say "boogity-boogity-boogity" at the beginning of the race.

Harvick got a push from Matt Kenseth and when he got alongside Martin's car it slowed Martin down a little. Remember, too, that Martin got a little loose just as Harvick got the push from Kenseth. That's probably what actually lost the race for him. I really wish Martin had won, though. It might have shown Jack Roush just what he lost when he wouldn't deal with Martin.

Steve Kuester

Second Unit
I'll agree with Jeff on the computer simulation that Fox had. Useless.

Mark Martin has been my guy for quite a few years now. The finish was very exciting, but the outcome just sucked. I'm still bummed about it.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yeah, I was hoping Martin would take it, too.

On the other hand, any race that includes a Tony Stewart DNF can't be all bad. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrossum
Recent bookmarks