What's new

Nascar-Phoenix Raceway, Anyone Been? (1 Viewer)

Leroy

Second Unit
Since there was some decent feedback on the Talladega thread I'm hoping to get some help on the Phoenix track. The only tickets left are on the backstretch. Highest rows being 15, lowest 6. I'me think either Section 5 (row 6) or maybe sections 40-50 (row 15).

Anyone here been to a race there? If so how is the backstretch seating/facilities/shuttle buses to the park-n-rided etc. ?

Thanks.

Devin U

Second Unit
I worked their for a race once. I cant comment on the parking, because as a vendor, we got to drive right in. We were on the hill on the east side. I cant say I know alot about the seats, but from what I remember, its on the south side, so you will get some sun exposure in the afternood (can be a good thing, can be bad). I will never forget the atmosphere, though. Im not a NASCAR fan, but given the free chance, Id do it again.

Leroy

Second Unit
Thanks for the info, BTW how are the temperatures in early November? We'll be at the track around 7am until the race is over. Should I have a light jacket for the morning?

Trey Fletcher

Second Unit
Leroy,

I used to go to PIR quite a bit, though its been a few years since my last race and I only had back stretch seats once. As for weather, you probably will want a sweatshirt or jacket for the early morning but should be fine in a regular T-shirt for the rest of the day (weather permitting). Facilities in the back are okay. Port-o-johns for restrooms, with food and beverages available nearby.

As for seats, I would go with seats as high up as possible for a better view. They won't compare with the good seats on the front straight but better than down low. You should be able to view the cars coming out of Turn 2, toward you through the dog-leg and then into 3 and 4. Good seats on the front will give you a view of the entire track and pit road, but are sold-out and will probably be expensive on race day through the scalpers. Worth looking into though.

Like any event with hundreds of thousands in attendance, parking and traffic will be a bear, but your early arrival should mitigate that somewhat. Don't know about shuttles because I always walked, but I believe they are available.

Can't think of anything else right now. If you have any questions just ask.

TF

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks