What's new

Nascar 2006 (1 Viewer)

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Racing is different because drivers are independent contracters, free to enter any race they want to.

Busch cars are lighter and slightly less powerful than Cup cars but close enough that driving in the Busch race on Saturday gives you valuable information.

Since NASCAR has limited testing this year, more Cup drivers have been "Busch-whacking" to get more track time.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Did anyone catch Carl Edwards on 24?

No much of a role. On 24, you're nobody until Jack Bauer kills you.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Just a quick update on that Will Ferrel Nascar comedy premier I am going to. It's tentatively set for July 27. Which is a Thursday before an off weekend. So my wife is convinced every Nascar driver will be there. :D

Steve Kuester

Second Unit
I haven't done a very good job of trying to keep this thread going, but since we have only six races to go I thought I should try to resurrect this thing.

Any thoughts on the last lap at Talledega? I'm happy for Vickers that he got his 1st win in that 25 car. I don't think it was anything more than an honest mistake/accident when he took out the leaders.

I just can't believe the things Jimmie Johnson and Chad Knauss are saying. Knauss said "It wasn't bad judgment, it was lack of talent". That's pretty whiny considering all of the accidents Jimmie Johnson caused at plate races in the 2004-2005 seasons.

Predictions on who the 2006 champ will be? Mark Martin is still my guy, so I've got to go with him.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

Steve, my wife is a huge Jr fan. And she was pissed. While Jimmie & Chad may be whining. What Vickers did was either because he is inexperienced of wanted a victory no matter what. And from what she has been reading a lot of Nascar people (drivers, crews) are not happy about it either. Most are keeping it to themselves. Although, sadly, Vickers was getting so many death threats they will be increasing security on him in Charlotte.

On a side note. I went to the Talladega Nights premier. It was awesome. Only 2 drivers were there. Dale Jr and Bill Lester. My wife was in heaven when she met Dale. Who was very nice.

Steve Kuester

Second Unit
I saw your thread in the movies forum about the premiere, it looked like alot of fun. I just really haven't had a chance to post all summer.

Regarding Junior, I've never really been for or against him, but I am liking him more and more, especially after his comments after the race. At least he understood that it was an accident and that accidents will happen when you put 43 cars on a track going 198 MPH. I think many Junior fans (your wife excluded, obviously) could learn a few things from their driver.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

I asked my wife why he was so calm about after the race. My wife said he hadn't seen the video of the incident. I think once he saw it...His opinion of Vickers changed. I just think he is too good of a guy (& afraid of getting penalized) to say anything.

And for the record...My wife doesn't wish bodily harm on Vickers. But, does hope he blows an engine on the first turn of this weekends race. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks