What's new

NASA Saturn V & Apollo 15 dvds set for April 13 (1 Viewer)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
http://www.spacecraftfilms.com/

APOLLO 15: MAN MUST EXPLORE

New 6-disc set with the complete TV and onboard film from Apollo 15

THE MIGHTY SATURNS: SATURN V

Incredible 3-disc set with original documentary, every Saturn V launch, and extensive new digital transfers of pad camera footage

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Oscar, now don't tell me you're going to sit down and spend an entire evening watching static barely moving footage from the Apollo missions? [suspicious] You're not Jack Briggs in disguise are you? Watching my car rust would be a more exciting prospect.;) I'm sort of kidding, I recently bought the NASA 50 years of Space Exploration 5-disc box set, which contains 25 NASA documentaries, 660mins in total. All the best bits in one handy package. Not bad for a tenner. :emoji_thumbsup:

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
I picked up Spacecraft's Apollo 11 set last week and I have to say I was impressed. I especially enjoyed seeing the television broadcast launch feed used by the networks, and also enjoyed the whole archivists approach to the material. The only thing I felt was odd was that the TV transmissions from space show clear signs of being kinescoped quality rather than videotape quality which made for lesser quality overall in those presentations.

Not being used to the multiangle approach, I gave myself some headaches hitting the button too frequently and causing the disc to freeze up but once I realized the right way of using that feature I didn't have any trouble. It was great to switch from the TV transmission on the moon to the shot of the film camera from inside the spacecraft at my own leisure.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks