What's new

NASA is working with Tom Cruise to shoot a film in outer space (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Doug Limen is directing this.

He of course previously directed Cruise in Edge of Tomorrow (2014) and American Made (2017), both of which I liked very much, and they obviously have a good working relationship.

But I'd still rather see them make Edge of Tomorrow 2 first.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I wouldn't be surprised if Tom decided to permanently relocate to space when filming is complete. Doug looks like he already lives there. Joking aside though, who in their right minds would insure such a project?

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Hollywood and NASA Dont Mix in the 21st Century. This isn't the Apollo Era and Tom Cruise is not Walt Disney. In a Word and as a NASA Junkie ...NO!!!!!!!!!

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
With the smooth flight of yesterday I can totally see them doing it. We know they will launch space tourism one day, so this is a space tourism where the guy takes his camera with him.

Wait, haven't they already sent tourists to space? I remember they have.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Well, Cruise is 60 and if he still wants to do these things, the stunts, getting shot into space, really good for him. I am younger than Tom and in good shape but I would pass on doing the stunts or space walks at this stage of my life. When I was a boy I wanted to be an astronaut. Now, if I want to see outer space, I am happy just looking up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks