What's new

Narrowed it down to 4 choices, pioneer, yamy, kenwood.... (1 Viewer)

Hailan R

Agent
Ok guys here goes,
Ive been looking to get a receiver for quite sometime now but things just never added up... And well now that me and the gf are done with, well i decided its time to take the plunge. Ive read a lot on the subjects and done lots of research i havent looked @ denond and marrants too much as they are not available to me(going on a monthly plan) and narrowed it down to 4 choices that are:

Kenwood vr 6070 799.99$
Yamaha rvx 730 850.00$
Yamaha rvx 1300 1050.0$
Pioneer vsx 811 600.00$

I like the kenwood and both yammys for the learning remote and lcd display on remote whilst the pioneer only has learning

The kenwood does 92 watts as for the 3 other couldnt find a review on power but the 730 is rated @ 75

Both yammy can do 4ohm witch is a plus for later on but i plan on getting outboard amps in the future and maybe a bryston 3bst for xmas

Yamaha and pionneer have hdtv component in and out

The yammys take it away on the dsp but not sure im gonna use all of them or most of them, input here would be appreciated....

Both yammys have on screen display not sure for the pionneer, kenwood no

From revienws ive read the kenwood is not too good for audio but from my ears the yams do sound better but not all that much and well for the pioneer i have no clue couldnt audition it yet.....

This will be for like 85% music 15% ht has it will be in my bedroom. And well preouts are a must thats were the pioneer impresses me with 7.1 compared to 6.1 on all other, also the prices...

What do you guys think and what would be your choices, Also i do listen to it loud my room is 12x12 and well i often listen over references, so ruggedness is to be considered here. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

p.s dual zone doesnt do anything for me as stated its for a bedroom.

Hailan R

Agent
well the avr 125 doesn have component in or out no learning remote and well remote sux Imo and has no preouts from what i can see and well the avr 225 well only 5 channel plus same as avr 225 and well the 325 is well too expensive for my taste.

gregD

Second Unit
85% music / 15% ht?... if you can, move up a step and give Marantz an audition... a fairly different sound signature -- smoother, richer than the Japanese receivers you're considering... plenty of power... 3 yr warranty... worth the few extra bucks... SR7300 (US$900) - and models above it have component switching... I think Cambridge Soundworks or http://www.hifi.com/ does financing if that's a must.

Jack*Mains

Stunt Coordinator
I had the same choices as you, except the Denon 1802 was also on my list. In the end I went for the Yamaha 730 and I couldn't be happier. I have fairly inefficient speakers and I have not yet been able to turn it up to full volume as my ear's can't take it. Tt easily fills a 30' x 30' room and did not distort once at these volumes.

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
I second the Yammy 730 I bought one 2 and it only gets better with time. Very simple to operate, love the on screen display, but if you want discret ES decoding you're going to have to go with the 1300.

Dom P.

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I think Pioneer 811 is a very good value for the money. Also, you should be able to find it for well under $600. Obviously it may not be quite as good as some of the others (but I think you'd be surprised) it is probably the best bang for the buck.

Here is the Pioneer 811 for $280.

PIONEER

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks