What's new

NAQOYQATSI release date? (1 Viewer)

JohnAP

Second Unit
It's unfortunate that so many of us have to wait for the dvd to see this. It is the kind of film that I think I would want to experience on the big screen to really appreciate it.

Lars Vermundsberget

Supporting Actor
Since I've got the two earlier "Qatsi" titles on DVD, I will probably buy this one as well if or when released.

However, while Koyaanisqatsi is a classic, I must say that I'm not really impressed by Powaqqatsi (maybe I need to watch it more times). So I don't know what to expect from Naqoyqatsi.

Coressel

Supporting Actor
Lars, I feel the same way. I love Koy, but just sort of like Pow. The soundtracks to all three are brilliant, but I thought Pow as a film sort of missed the mark of what it was trying to say. I've often thought that maybe Baraka was the movie Pow should have been.

Has anyone here actually seen Naq? And if so, how did you think it compared to the others?

JimmyK

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
Has anyone here actually seen Naq? And if so, how did you think it compared to the others?
By a stroke of luck, I recently found it was playing at a small theater in a nearby town; one showing only!

I thought the score was great, and the visuals were great, but it didn't come together as well as the original Qatsi film (which is still my favorite of the 3 films). I was left confused about what I saw.

There was a discussion about the film afterwards, and others mention the feeling of confusion and lack of a coherent "story". It was also mention that perhaps this was intentional, after all, the title is "Life as War" (or was that "Life is War"?).

I would be interesting to see it again after hearing many other viewpoints.

If you have enjoyed the series so far, I would recommend you see this one as well, although, IMO, it's not as good as the original Qatsi film.

JimmyK

PS - I plan to buy the DVD when/if it's released.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
I saw it during it's opening week in LA. Honestly I can't recall a lot about the concepts presented in the film; I left feeling I needed to see it another time or two to fully put things together. I recall some of it, themes such as science interfering with natural development (cloning, athletics, etc) and the like.

The imagery in NAQ is completely differnet from the first two, all digitally enhanced / computer generated imagery. Of course you all can watch the trailer on the KOY DVD to see how it looks.

First is still the best in my opinion.

-paul

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks