'Naqoyqatsi' A New Movie By Steven Soderbergh?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Anthony_Kleiner, Aug 21, 2002.

1. Anthony_Kleiner

Does anyone have any information on what this movie will be about?
    I have just noticed that www.apple.com has put up a Trailer for this movie. There it states that it is a final chapter in a trilogy. Where is this trilogy from?
    Here is the link to the trailer if anyones interested: http://www.apple.com/trailers/miramax/naqoyqatsi/

2. Derek Miner

Derek Miner Screenwriter

Soderbergh is merely an executive producer on this film. The previous films were KOYAANISQATSI and POWAQQATSI, both highly respected films that are something like documentaries, but without dialogue. You can find out more here:
    http://www.koyaanisqatsi.org

3. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    Note that Koyaanisqatsi & Powaqqatsi are being released on DVD (from MGM) in just a few weeks. The best way to find out what this is all about would be to rent/buy the first two at that time.

4. Ed O

Ed O Agent

5. Michael Taylor

Michael Taylor Stunt Coordinator

For those of you out there who enjoyed "Koyaanisqatsi" or "Powaqqatsi", you should try "Baraka". It was directed by Ron Fricke, who also co-wrote "Koyaanisqatsi". Actually, I like Baraka the best, but I am certainly excited to learn that these other excellent films will *finally* make their way onto DVD. I'm going to have to pre-order them right away!

6. Michael Taylor

Michael Taylor Stunt Coordinator

I just found a two-pack of these two films available for $20.99 at dvdplanet.com! Check it out for yourself: Koyaanisqatsi/Powaqqatsi two-pack
    I am now officially pre-ordered and I eagerly await their arrival!