What's new

Napoleon (2023) (1 Viewer)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Autopilot. And the software is also going to automatically cut and paste few minutes of the end to the beginning of the movie!

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Are these paparazzi shots? How on earth they got this close to the set?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Are these paparazzi shots? How on earth they got this close to the set?
I'd guess they're shooting in some real castle or hundreds of years old building and they can only close so much of the area around it so anyone can get close enough to get a lucky photo. Plus, it's not like a Marvel movie where they might want to keep people's appearances and characters a secret so it's not really a big deal to see Phoenix in costume.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
It is a big deal. They keep under wraps their major characters looks. Normally they reveal them in time when they want to. Even in trailers they reveal the characters slowly and in a certain way.

What makes me laugh is how they sometimes go over the top. Like in the Obi-Wan series, Ewan McGregor wore a dark robe whenever walking out of the set and we all already know how his Jedi robe looks. :D

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
From the photos, it appears that the movie is concentrating on the early career of Napoleon. The uniform Phoenix is wearing is the type that the Revolutionary Army wore before the Empire period. In one photo Phoenix is wearing the red velvet suit of state he wore as First Consul (1799-1804). If the film covers his first Italian Campaign (more than half a dozen battles there, 1796-1799), his Egyptian Campaign (1798-1799, several more battles), and the Second Italian Campaign (1800, the one where he crossed the Alps, only one big battle)), they could get in plenty of battles just in that period. They would not have to show each battle, of course. I've seen no photos set during the Empire period, so I would not be surprised if the movie ends with N & J's coronation.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
From the photos, it appears that the movie is concentrating on the early career of Napoleon. The uniform Phoenix is wearing is the type that the Revolutionary Army wore before the Empire period. In one photo Phoenix is wearing the red velvet suit of state he wore as First Consul (1799-1804). If the film covers his first Italian Campaign (more than half a dozen battles there, 1796-1799), his Egyptian Campaign (1798-1799, several more battles), and the Second Italian Campaign (1800, the one where he crossed the Alps, only one big battle)), they could get in plenty of battles just in that period. They would not have to show each battle, of course. I've seen no photos set during the Empire period, so I would not be surprised if the movie ends with N & J's coronation.

Yes, he could be setting this up to be a two part deal with this portion focused on the early career and the perhaps a second film that covers the later period. Regardless, I am very excited to see this as I think Scott could really make a great film with this material.

I mean if he thought at one point he could make three films, 6 hours worth, of prequel leading up to Alien and he had absolutely no even semi-decent material to do so, he certainly has the material to make three films about Napoleon...except that would likely require he has an audience that wants to see them.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Battle Napoleon.jpg

Nap Joq.jpg

DigniT@DigniT!

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kent
I'm really curious and hopeful about this. While I don't always love Scott's work, he is nothing if not ambitious and his work has passion, a palpable love of entertainment and art, and a zeal for innovation. I'm a huge fan of the Gance epic but who says there can't be more than one visionary masterwork on this subject? Fingers crossed

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I'm really curious and hopeful about this. While I don't always love Scott's work, he is nothing if not ambitious and his work has passion, a palpable love of entertainment and art, and a zeal for innovation. I'm a huge fan of the Gance epic but who says there can't be more than one visionary masterwork on this subject? Fingers crossed

Well, we know his picture will at least look great. He never fails in this regard. So, it will be a matter of how good is this script and how good is Phoenix as Napoleon?

I am very excited to see this one. Ridley is a good choice to make this, as he is the last man standing to some extent that knows how and loves making this type of picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks