What's new

International Napoléon (1927) finally arriving on BFI Blu-ray and DVD (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
RCMH-and-Misc214.jpg
A few in color. Most b/w to come shortly...

Annette Insdorf, holding phone before a less shy David Gill walked on stage with it...

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
There are two options for me: To see it on Blu-ray or to not see it at all.

I guess I will see it on Blu-ray. ;)

Where are you in Germany? Excellent chance of playing Berlin and other large cities.

SAhmed

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Shakeel
Wow - my copy of Napoléon just arrived about 1 week after placing the order with Amazon UK. Same day as another order which took some 16 days! Will play tonight but yes the packaging leaves a lot to be desired particularly the tape that is used to secure the outer sleeve - remove very carefully or else. Anyway it's the presentation that is the most important and I am looking forward to it. Can't get to a live presentation unfortunately :(

Regards,

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Wow - my copy of Napoléon just arrived about 1 week after placing the order with Amazon UK. Same day as another order which took some 16 days! Will play tonight but yes the packaging leaves a lot to be desired particularly the tape that is used to secure the outer sleeve - remove very carefully or else. Anyway it's the presentation that is the most important and I am looking forward to it. Can't get to a live presentation unfortunately :(

Regards,

Chicago?

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Not the BFI release. There's no other release. Not yet. RAH has hinted at a Region A release in the future.
Robert Harris had a post a few months ago that it might not happen this year. A good reason to have a all region player and I do have the UK Blu-ray but it would be nice to have a new release for more of us to see this great film.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Robert Harris had a post a few months ago that it might not happen this year. A good reason to have a all region player and I do have the UK Blu-ray but it would be nice to have a new release for more of us to see this great film.

I communicated with Mr. Harris earlier today on this matter, and was informed that work progresses.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
I communicated with Mr. Harris earlier today on this matter, and was informed that work progresses.
Mr. Harris, have you suddenly turned into one of the Tudor monarchs, and gotten into the habit of referring to yourself in the third person, or did you communicate with a different Mr. Harris? Inquiring minds want to know.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Mr. Harris, have you suddenly turned into one of the Tudor monarchs, and gotten into the habit of referring to yourself in the third person, or did you communicate with a different Mr. Harris? Inquiring minds want to know.

Goes hand-in-hand with an ancestor who lost their head to Henry VIII, after which the second “s” was dropped in commemoration. Rumour has it that it was all in error, and that the problem had something to do with grain missing from the Royal pantry. And charges brought for “grain reduction.”

I shall endeavor to eek more information from him, when next in his midst.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Goes hand-in-hand with an ancestor who lost their head to Henry VIII, after which the second “s” was dropped in commemoration. Rumour has it that it was all in error, and that the problem had something to do with grain missing from the Royal pantry. And charges brought for “grain reduction.”

I shall endeavor to eek more information from him, when next in his midst.
Can you please tell us Robert if you have the BFI 2016 Blu-ray release and what you think of it and how different the upcoming release will be? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks