What's new

Broadcast TV Naomi (The CW) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Here is an article about the CW and the reasons why so many shows were canceled due to the pending sale to Nextstar.

Yep. When you look at the shows that were renewed, they're mostly the ones that would find a comfortable home on HBO Max or Paramount+.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
It was fun how all of the flashbacks to Naomi's journey to Earth took the iconography of Superman's journey from Krypton to Earth, and skewed it.

And if the show doesn't get renewed for a second season, that was an insanely dark twist to end on.
I just watched what appears to be the series finale. I think the twist at the end of the show would not have been there if they knew it was cancelled. Everything else was a satisfying finale. We can see a route to how things would progress, but that extra bit left me with with a bad taste. Just too much to resolve with that knowledge.

I just took a look at the Naomi entry in the DC Database wiki. A lot of it follows pretty much to what we saw, but
- in the comic there was no Brutus. Instead, the name of the big bad is Zumbado. That explains some of how things played out in the early episodes where it looked like he was a bad guy. They clearly were playing around with the people who read the comic and "knew" Zumbado. And then they switched things up as a surprise in the TV series.

Last edited:

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I just took a look at the Naomi entry in the DC Database wiki. A lot of it follows pretty much to what we saw, but
- in the comic there was no Brutus. Instead, the name of the big bad is Zumbado. That explains some of how things played out in the early episodes where it looked like he was a bad guy. They clearly were playing around with the people who read the comic and "knew" Zumbado. And then they switched things up as a surprise in the TV series.

Yup. That was something that I caught early on (I'd read the comic). I didn't bring it up because I was assuming that that's where they were going, and I didn't want to spoil it for people.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks