What's new

Nanny and the Professor/Ghost and Mrs. Muir - why not on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Randy*S /forum/thread/282976/nanny-and-the-professor-ghost-and-mrs-muir-why-not-on-dvd#post_3669032
I'd buy "Nanny and the Professor". It's on itunes but it deserves a dvd release.
How does that work? Can I burn it to a DVD?

MadmanTV

Grip
Real Name
Grant
Thrilled to finally share news that Madman Entertainment will release both Season 1 and 2 of The Ghost & Mrs. Muir on Region 4 DVD (Australia/New Zealand) on April 16th, 2014. It's a been a long time coming...

mma5800-flatpack.png

mma5801-flatpack.png

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Great news!!! I thought about it and with this one and Mayberry RFD coming out, save for Farmer's Daughter, almost every major 60's multi season sitcom is represented on DVD now. Who would have thought that possible 10 years ago??

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Frank Soyke said:
Great news!!! I thought about it and with this one and Mayberry RFD coming out, save for Farmer's Daughter, almost every major 60's multi season sitcom is represented on DVD now. Who would have thought that possible 10 years ago??
Trying to think of the missing ones. Please Don't Eat The Daisies, Julia, Pete and Gladys, To Rome With Love are the ones that come to mind, and of course Farmer's Daughter, which you mentioned. Don't know if they count but there are a couple of season and a half shows as well, like The Good Guys and The Governor and JJ.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Really would love to see Farmers Daughter come out. It somehow fits in this group. Nanny and the Professor/Ghost and Mrs Muir. James

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
cajunhillbilly said:
can you provide a link to where you can buy The Ghost and Mrs Muir?
Deep Discount and its family sometimes import Australian titles. You might wait to see if shows up there. Sure would save on shipping.

Ian K McLachlan

Second Unit
Real Name
Ian Kenneth McLachlan
I hoped that with the release of The Ghost and Mrs. Muir, Nanny and the Professor would have followed it. Still no sign of it. Does anyone know if there are rights issues which has made this series not available for DVD release? Many thanks.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I hoped that with the release of The Ghost and Mrs. Muir, Nanny and the Professor would have followed it. Still no sign of it. Does anyone know if there are rights issues which has made this series not available for DVD release? Many thanks.

On the current run on GET-TV, there are several episodes which are not in the rotation. I'm guessing that these involve music rights issues but that's only supposition on my part as I have no knowledge one way or the other. Could also be an elements issue as well but I really don't know.

Ian K McLachlan

Second Unit
Real Name
Ian Kenneth McLachlan
On the current run on GET-TV, there are several episodes which are not in the rotation. I'm guessing that these involve music rights issues but that's only supposition on my part as I have no knowledge one way or the other. Could also be an elements issue as well but I really don't know.

Thanks for your reply Neil.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
These shows might actually have somewhat more of a chance of getting released under Disney since they're right up its alley in terms of subject matter. How much influence they will have remains to be seen. Nanny's creator, AJ Carothers, wrote the screenplay to The Happiest Millionaire, and Kim Richards did this long before either of the original Witch Mountain movies, and the star is Hayley Mills' sister.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I wouldn't hold my breath. Disney isn't much better than Fox when it comes to releasing "classic" material, whether it's TV or movies. I maintain that the people in charge of the home video division at both Fox and Disney are clueless when it comes to "classic" movies and TV shows. They're not much better with the "new" stuff.

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
I wouldn't hold my breath. Disney isn't much better than Fox when it comes to releasing "classic" material, whether it's TV or movies. I maintain that the people in charge of the home video division at both Fox and Disney are clueless when it comes to "classic" movies and TV shows. They're not much better with the "new" stuff.
At least until there's shake up in the management regarding the home media division...

~Ben

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
I caught quite a few episodes of these shows when they were on Get-TV last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks