Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
Reaction score
1. The Fugitive
2. Streets of San Francisco
3. Cannon
4. The Invaders
5. 12 O'Clock High

But when you come down to it, there's The Fugitive and then everybody else.

Last edited:

MartinP.

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Real Name
Martin
Since series have been rebooted or remade in the last decade, I happen to think The Streets of San Francisco is a good candidate.in that regard.

Reactions: bmasters9

Jeff Flugel

Screenwriter
Premium
Reaction score
Website
thestalkingmoon.weebly.com
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
I've asked Warner Archive on FB about Robert Forster's wonderful 1930's Hollywood set P.I. series Banyon (1972-73), with the usual pro-forma non-committal reply. Seeing as WAC owns it, there's a chance it might see the light of day on DVD. But just a slim chance.
Boy, I agree, Randall...sure wish Warner Archive would put a Banyon set out. It would make a nice 4-disc set, with the pilot movie and the 15 hour-long episodes. The best time to release it would have been shortly after the great Robert Forster's untimely death last year, but of course that didn't happen. I'm pretty sure we won't ever see it, sadly, with the Archive's vintage TV releases seeming to have all but dried up, but it's nice prospect to contemplate, anyway...

GMBurns

Second Unit
Reaction score
Real Name
Glenn
Jeff, I would love to see the Archive release Banyon, although it does seem they are on the tail-end of a long fade out. I loved Joan Blondell in Here Come the Brides and would enjoy that 4-disc Banyon set you described. Sometimes the QM shows became too formulaic, but tough guy Robert Forster as 1930's private dick sounds like a blast.

BobO'Link

Lead Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Howie
Here's how the votes stack up so far (assuming I counted correctly):

The Fugitive - 14
The Invaders - 13
The Streets of San Francisco - 10
Barnaby Jones - 9
12 O’Clock High - 7
Cannon - 7
The F.B.I. - 4
Dan August - 3
The Untouchables - 3
The New Breed - 2
Most Wanted - 2

I'm somewhat surprised to see The Invaders at #2, just barely behind The Fugitive. It's one of those shows where I never, ever, knew anyone who watched it during the original airings and I thought it was just another obscure show that'd never see a DVD release.

Harry-N

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Harry N.
THE INVADERS was surely not obscure in my world, and I was there as it aired on ABC.

The show started in January of 1967, running in the Tuesday night at 8:30 time slot. PEYTON PLACE filled the 9:30 to 10 slot, and then THE FUGITIVE ran at 10 in its final, and color season. So we got two great QM shows on the same night.

Ironically, just as THE INVADERS began airing, 12 O'CLOCK HIGH left the airways. It had aired Friday, 10 PM, and THE FBI was still on Sunday nights.

Great times!

MartinP.

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Real Name
Martin
I'll list my top Quinn Martin series:

The Untouchables
12 O'Clock High
The Invaders
Cannon
The Streets of San Francisco

And I would very very much like to see Banyon.

bmasters9

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Ben Masters
Boy, I agree, Randall...sure wish Warner Archive would put a Banyon set out. It would make a nice 4-disc set, with the pilot movie and the 15 hour-long episodes.
It'd probably have been bereft of bonuses (as Archive releases have generally been), but the show would have probably spoken for itself even so being.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JP2