What's new

Name your 5 favorite Quinn Martin shows (1 Viewer)

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
There are a few that I haven't seen, like The New Breed or The Manhunter, but here's my list as it stands now:

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
The Fugitive - for me, an easy top pick.
The Invaders - a natural for the top 5.
12 O'clock High - first season with Robert Lansing very good, select great episodes in 2nd and 3rd seasons also. But too often absurd depending on how much you know about the actual air war in the -50 degree stratosphere over North-West Europe.
The New Breed - watched it first run, but I have only seen 11 episodes in recent years, of the 36 in the series by way of collector 16 mm film prints. Quinn Martin got everything right with this LA cop show starring Leslie Nielsen and John Baradino, as every episode I have seen is first rate. Typical great guest stars as usual.
Cannon / Barnaby Jones - a tie, just call me a cheat, ha, ha.

The FBI and Streets of San Francisco gets honorable mention, too much fast company in the QM stable!

The New Breed (1961-62), a QM /Selmur co-production. Who owns it now? (perhaps 'Neil Brock' knows?) Some other Selmur shows like the immortal Combat! are now owned by CBS/Paramount via the Worldvision acquisition. But according to IMDB, this show was also distributed at one time by Buena Vista (Disney), although it hasn't aired since the mid '60s at the latest, the last time I saw it in Canada paired in an international syndication package with some other show(s) that I can't remember.
the-new-breed563781-tv.jpg

images
images

Also in the M.I.A. category of QM shows, I'd like: Banyon and Manhunter. I've only seen terrible quality multi-generational video dupes of both series' pilot telefilms...

I've asked Warner Archive on FB about Robert Forster's wonderful 1930's Hollywood set P.I. series Banyon (1972-73), with the usual pro-forma non-committal reply. Seeing as WAC owns it, there's a chance it might see the light of day on DVD. But just a slim chance.
CoTXq-IUkAI6vBX.jpg

The stylish gumshoe in his P.I.'s office in the splendiferous Bradbury building...
robert-forster-obituary.jpg

Ken Howard's adventure series Manhunter (1974-75), also set in the '30s as part of a nostalgia wave that included big theatrical hits like Chinatown and the Godfather films, would be welcomed as well. Owned by CBS? Stephanie Powers and Garry Lockwood guest starred in the pilot telefilm...
MV5BMzg4NTQ1MDIxNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODA1NjM3OTE@._V1_.jpg

Ken-Howard-Regis-J-Cordic-Harry-Lauter-The.jpg

images

Last edited:

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
The New Breed (1961-62), a QM /Selmur co-production. Who owns it now? Some other Selmur shows like the immortal Combat! are now owned by CBS/Paramount. But according to IMDB, this show was also distributed at one time by Buena Vista (Disney), although it hasn't aired since the mid '60s at the latest, the last time I saw it in Canada paired in international syndication with some other show(s) that I can't remember.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
1. THE FUGITIVE
Fugitive-QM.jpg

2. THE INVADERS
Title-Screen-QM.jpg

3. 12 O'CLOCK HIGH
QMScreen.jpg

4, BARNABY JONES
Barnaby-Jones-QM.jpg

5. CANNON
CannonQM.jpg

Fifth place is hard as I don't really own any other Quinn Martin series beyond my top 4. I picked CANNON since I have a title screen in the BARNABY JONES set. But it could easily have been THE FBI or THE STREETS OF SAN FRANCISCO. With CANNON, they both are series I fondly remember watching, but have never felt the need to own.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks