What's new

Name This Movie (1 Viewer)

aligas

Auditioning
This has been making the rounds at the office, and I thought it would be fun here, considering we're at a home theater forum and all :D . Its a little Excel application that shows scenes from movies with actors removed, and you need to guess the movie.

Name This Movie

At work we had one guy get 43 of them by himself, and then combined we got all but 1. At dinner last night, one of the girlfriends got the last one. We felt proud :).

Its cool to give hints or answers, but please remember to do so in spoiler tags.

Good luck!

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
you should also check out filmwise.com ... they do this on a weekly basis. it's pretty fun.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
For anyone wondering, here are the answers (you may have to spell them slightly differently):

1. Trading Places
2. Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory
3. Dick Tracy
4. Wayne's World
5. Top Secret
6. Batman Forever
7. Goldmember
8. An Officer & a Gentleman
9. Footloose
10. Stand By Me
11. Notting Hill
12. About a Boy
13. Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas
14. Attack of the Clones
15. The Usual Suspects
16. Signs
17. X-Men
18. The Sixth Sense
19. Dirty Dancing
20. Titanic
21. Singin' in the Rain
22. Back to the Future
23. The Big Lebowski
24. The Fifth Element
25. Speed
26. Big
27. Jumanji
28. The Color of Money
29. Pushing Tin
30. The Flintstones
31. Pulp Fiction
32. Ransom
33. Full Metal Jacket
34. Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back
35. Hellraiser
36. Independence Day
37. E.T.
38. Men in Black
39. Swingers
40. Porkys
41. Shrek
42. The Matrix
43. Grease
44. First Blood
45. The Fast & the Furious
46. The Wedding Singer
47. The Blues Brothers
48. Purple Rain
49. The Waterboy
50. White Men Can't Jump
51. The Full Monty
52. Jackie Brown
53. Zoolander
54. The Fellowship of the Ring
55. Sleepy Hollow
56. Godzilla
57. Bridget Jones' Diary
58. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
59. Kingpin
60. Evolution

and if you're just looking for a clue: with very few exceptions, this thing isn't exactly loaded with classic films.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
This is an awesome game. Im at 48 now and cant think of the last couple. :D

Ok I finished at 48 with no help and had to cheat to see the rest. Post the next one soon.

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Well I got 38 right and after checking the answers I realize that I haven't seen 11 of the movies I missed. Pretty fun.

P.S. -- Was anyone else wary about opening an Excel file? I checked it for viruses and evil macros first.

aligas

Auditioning
Michael:

When someone at the office got the spreadsheet from outside, we were all pretty weary of it. We ran it through everything. So, I'm right there with you. I provided it in the zip file so that people could scan it without having to have the file exposed anywhere.

I wish it came in something other then Excel - like Flash - but I didn't make it, and don't know who did, so I'm at a loss.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
How about the sequels, I couldnt write the correct name to save my life. I kept writing the whole movie name and not the shortened version. ie "Fellowships of the rings" and not "The lord of the rings, the fellowship of the rings". I must have written 12 different combonations before I got it right. LOL

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike

It also had the scene from Star Wars Episode II listed as Star Wars 5 (the fifth Star Wars movie made I guess). Took me a while to figure that one out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks