Name this low-budget 70's flick...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Kimball, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Scott Kimball

Scott Kimball Screenwriter

Okay... I saw this movie on late-night TV back in the late 70's / early 80's. I don't know the title and it's been bugging me all these years...

It's really a stupid movie, but I've got to know...

70's'ish movie, low budget, no big names in the cast that I remember.

All I remember of the plot is this:

These people are isolated in a town where everyone else has died of a disease (this is not Andromeda Strain).

The result of the disease is that, if you fall asleep, your head explodes. Not like in Scanners, but your head would sort of peel open from the top like a banana, if memory serves.

This band of survivors try to stay awake while scientists from afar try to find a cure. A couple of these people end up falling asleep and dying.

Time goes on, and a cure can't be found. The movie ends thusly:

days or weeks have passed without a cure. It is decided that the military must be brought in to sterilize (bomb) the town if a cure isn't found by a certain time. Meanwhile, the last of the survivors end up falling asleep, but they all wake up... whatever the disease is has run it's course. As they are celebrating this realization, they hear the approaching bombers... and are unable to stop them.

Does this ring any bells?

Anyone?

Bueller?

-Scott

2. Todd Phillips

Todd Phillips Second Unit

3. Scott Kimball

Scott Kimball Screenwriter

Sounds like a good candidate... It's very possible some of my details are inaccurate, since I'm relying on 20+ year old memory...

-s