What's new

Name That Quote (1 Viewer)

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
No, its a real movie.

The quote is not from Keanu Reeve's character, but the film does contain IMHO Reeve's finest performance.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
No, its a real movie.

The quote is not from Keanu Reeve's character, but the film does contain IMHO Reeve's finest performance.

OK, I have never seen the film, so I have no idea if this is the correct movie but it fits both the word count and character count you gave.

I Love You to Death

Now I came up with this after you mentioned Keanu and just went to IMDB and looked for his films with 5 word titles. So, I think this has to be it...but if this is it I am surprised you did not think this was difficult. Who says this line in the film and why do they reference Abraham Lincoln?

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
You are correct.

The first attempt on Kevin Klines life is an inept guy in an Abraham Lincoln mask. Kline easily thwarts him, and as hes chasing him away Kline yells "I'll get you you Abraham Lincon son of a bitch." In a very comical Italian accent.

I saw this opening weekend and found it hysterically funny. Its one of the few movies that even though I know all the jokes I still laugh out loud every time I watch it. So many great lines. And everyone in the cast nails it.

I guess I'm surprised this movie isn't better known because it came out shortly after A Fish Called Wanda, which was such a hit, Kline in particular.

Eve Babcock

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Eve Babcock
"A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice ________ (7)."

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I guess I'm surprised this movie isn't better known because it came out shortly after A Fish Called Wanda, which was such a hit, Kline in particular.

Well, I think this film flopped at the box office when it was released. I don't think many people have seen it since then. It does have a great cast but has never been released on a blu-ray and I don't see it popping up on wish list's from folks...not that those things have anything to do with the quality of the film.

I would call this picture obscure though, even more so than Flesh for Frankenstein which popped up in this thread as well. At least that film is a cult film and monster movie which always have their fans but I Love You to Death seems like a forgotten picture. Certainly not one I would expect people to have seen over and over and can quote from it.

In fact, you may be the only person on the planet that has seen it multiple times and can quote from the film...or at least the only person on HTF with that kind of love for this picture.

So, if we had an Obscurity Meter with 1 being the least obscure and 10 being the most obscure...I Love You to Death would probably rate an 8 or 9.

That was a super tough one that I don't think anybody would have got because I think most people never saw the film.

As an example, I love the film Winter Kills. It has an amazing cast which you would think would cause the film to be more well known but it was a major flop and very few people I think have seen it. It also has all kinds of quotable lines that if you have seen the film you would remember but I would not quote the film in this thread because my guess would be nobody would have a clue what I was quoting. So, great film, very quotable...to fans of it like me...but the rest of the planet would have no idea.

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Well, I think this film flopped at the box office when it was released. I don't think many people have seen it since then. It does have a great cast but has never been released on a blu-ray and I don't see it popping up on wish list's from folks...not that those things have anything to do with the quality of the film.
I'd never heard of it until just now.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
"A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice ________ (7)."
Hi Eve. Respectfully, let's stay on track please.

1) Reggie correctly solved the last quote and so the next one should have come from him. If we want, maybe we can introduce an option to "pass" which would allow anyone so inclined to introduce the next quote. I would personally prefer not to do this as I suspect we'll eventually end up with multiple quotes in play, which might become confusing and difficult to manage.

2) We are looking for movie titles, not words spoken in particular quotes. In this case I'm pretty sure the film is Silence of the Lambs, which would be notated as follows. _______ __ ___ _____ (17)

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
You are correct.

The first attempt on Kevin Klines life is an inept guy in an Abraham Lincoln mask. Kline easily thwarts him, and as hes chasing him away Kline yells "I'll get you you Abraham Lincon son of a bitch." In a very comical Italian accent.

I saw this opening weekend and found it hysterically funny. Its one of the few movies that even though I know all the jokes I still laugh out loud every time I watch it. So many great lines. And everyone in the cast nails it.

A film I've never seen yet I love anything Kevin Kline does. Added to my MUST SEE list. Thanks Sleroi!!!

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
A film I've never seen yet I love anything Kevin Kline does. Added to my MUST SEE list. Thanks Sleroi!!!

I actually have seen this film but it was years ago and on TV. It's a keeper so I'm ordering my DVD today, thanks again and let's keep 'em coming!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks