What's new

Name That Quote (1 Viewer)

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I got nuthin, David. Perhaps it's time for a clue.

Poor remake of one of the greatest films of all time (a better remake was done years later)

First role for the girl. Later in her career she woul be nominated for both best actress and supporting actress in the same year (won supporting)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
"The trained mind does not need a watch. Watches are a confidence trick invented by the Swiss."

___ _____: ___ _____________ _____ (30)

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Malcolm - You're the reigning champ. How's about a clue. This is a tough one as I can barely count to 30. :)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Malcolm - You're the reigning champ. How's about a clue. This is a tough one as I can barely count to 30. :)
One of the major action sequences takes place on the Statue of Liberty, which is also featured in the official poster.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
"To know death, Otto, you have to f*ck life... in the gall bladder!

It's funny when I read quotes here and can't guess the film I can get a pretty damn good idea of when the picture may have been made just based on the writing.

This quote reads like it is from the 1970s and was uttered by somebody like Klaus Kinski whose voice I certainly hear when I read it. So, I don't know the film but my guess would be it is from some trashy Euro horror picture made in the 1970s.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
It's funny when I read quotes here and can't guess the film I can get a pretty damn good idea of when the picture may have been made just based on the writing.

This quote reads like it is from the 1970s and was uttered by somebody like Klaus Kinski whose voice I certainly hear when I read it. So, I don't know the film but my guess would be it is from some trashy Euro horror picture made in the 1970s.

I would say that is a fair assessment, at least from my point of view, but, perhaps, others may not see it that way (as far as "trashy").

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
A clue is: I never saw the original release but it was shown in the early 80's as a midnight movie in 3D, at least on the east coast.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
A clue is: I never saw the original release but it was shown in the early 80's as a midnight movie in 3D, at least on the east coast.
Hi Gary - Respectfully, a couple of things.

1) The above doesn't really represent a clue. When I request a clue it indicates we [collectively] haven't figured it out yet. Kudos to you champ but we need a little more insight into the film that your quote is from. :)

2) Spaces [special characters] should not be included in the character count. This keeps it simple for all involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks