upload_2018-4-22_14-36-4.png

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
"You're out in the forest you can point, a bird lives in a round stick! And, and, and you have things over easy with toast!" (13)
Reg - I think you're the reigning champ but how about a clue. :)

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
What does a bird make to live in?

What do you eat for breakfast with toast often served over easy?

Answer these two questions and combine with the clue above...

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Lost In America

New quote: ___ _____ _______. (15)

“Some people is too lazy to vote, that’s all... they don’t like this kind of weather. Some of them is sick in bed and can’t vote! Maybe a few of them croaked recently!... That ain’t no reason why Mayor Tillinghast should be cheated outta their support. All we are doing is gettin’ out the vote.”

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I love Albert Brooks (and Made In America) but I don't know it well enough to spot quotes.

I was hoping that the part I quoted would lead people to thinking of "nest" and "egg" and they would put it together from there. He says "nest egg" over and over during that rant and I did not want to use any lines that had "nest egg" in them because I thought it would give it away too easy. That scene always cracks me up. I love when he says "You know what I'd like to do is give you a small punishment before lunch and have you write a thousand times on the pavement, I lost the nest egg!"

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
New quote: ___ _____ _______. (15)

“Some people is too lazy to vote, that’s all... they don’t like this kind of weather. Some of them is sick in bed and can’t vote! Maybe a few of them croaked recently!... That ain’t no reason why Mayor Tillinghast should be cheated outta their support. All we are doing is gettin’ out the vote.”

I've got nothing on this one and it sounds like a quote from a film I would have watched.

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
I cheated. According to Google Preston Sturges' political satire The Great McGinty has a minor character named Wilfred T. Tillinghast. So thats my guess. And of course its one of the few Sturges films ive yet to see.

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
"Telephone? This is 1870, Don Ameche hasn't invented the telephone yet."

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I cheated. According to Google Preston Sturges' political satire The Great McGinty has a minor character named Wilfred T. Tillinghast. So thats my guess. And of course its one of the few Sturges films ive yet to see.

You are correct. The Great McGinty - 1940

It is the cheapest Oscar winning Original Screenplay of all time. Paramount paid Sturges a $1 for it (some accounts say $10).

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
"Telephone? This is 1870, Don Ameche hasn't invented the telephone yet."
Please post new quotes in this format.

____ ___ ( this denotes how many words are in the answer) Also include this (XX) This denotes how many total characters, excluding punctuation and special characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks