What's new

Directors Name That Movie - Audio Edition (1 Viewer)

Mawiyah

Agent
I haven't seen any of the weekend rounds movies except Untamed Heart (which makes me feel a bit better about being completely clueless). Am I missing out? I don't even think I've heard of Angel Eyes...

Perhaps I haven't seen Round 8 either!

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
My favorite rendition is probably the duet from Angel Eyes.
I agree. It's probably the nicest version of that song I've ever heard.

And, yes Walter, I got your answer for Round 8.

Mawiyah, I like Angel Eyes quite a bit, but you won't hear of it much around here. Incidentally, it is the 2001 movie with Jim Caviezal and Jennifer Lopez.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
People are having more trouble with Round 8 than I expected. This one should be a little easier.

[c]Round 9

Listen to the Clip

Submit Your Answer

Enter your HTF user name and your answer in the subject line of the email like this

JohnRice - Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

[/c]

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I probably won't get the answer to Round 8 posted until Wednesday.

BTW, Martin. Did you send an answer for Round 8? I swear I saw an email from you flash on my screen, but then it didn't show up anywhere.

MartinTeller

Screenwriter

Nope. This game seems to be out of my league. It doesn't help that I've only seen 3 of the movies so far, and two of those only once.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Saw Frailty once, really liked it but haven't revisted it. I would never have got it right but I remember the sound bite now.

Mawiyah

Agent
That is so weird -- I went to bed last night thinking of Frailty (totally unrelated to this game). It never even crossed my mind that it could be Frailty -- I was thinking along the lines of some light, campy comedy, which Frailty most certainly is not. Now, of course, I remember that scene.

So I think I'm going to officially suck at this game. I hereby crown Walter Kittel as the brainiac of movies, as he is also winning the other Name That Movie contest... How do you do it, Walter? Do you have a memory like a steel trap? Do you watch movies all day, every day? I am very impressed!

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I'm hardly the brainiac of movies. :b ( But thanks for the kind words. )

I do have a pretty good memory. I watch a lot of films ( just like a lot of other folks on the HTF. ) And being older than some of the whippersnappers on the HTF, I have a better shot at some of the older films.

One thing about these contests that I believe people tend to overlook is the correspondence between your film experiences and the individual running the contest. If you both tend to gravitate towards the same films it increases the probability that you'll have a decent shot at the screen captures / audio samples posted in each round. ( For instance, how many folks on the HTF have viewed, or own the DVD of, Angel Eyes? )

- Walter.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I've seen quite a few films myself, but how well I remember them is in direct proportion to how much I enjoyed them (or, in the case of Body Snatchers, who gets naked).

I am familiar with most of John's particular faves, and have seen most of them, but for the most part they don't correspond to mine. FWIW, I have seen Angel Eyes which I felt was slightly above average; it's just been too long since I've seen it. :)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
For instance, how many folks on the HTF have viewed, or own the DVD of, Angel Eyes?
From what I can tell, you, me and Vickie are probably about it. That's a real shame because it is a far above average film, despite what Steve says. :p)

Don't give up folks. I was once in sole first place in Matt's contest. Things change.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
At the risk of sounding condescending, I hope that everyone continues playing. I've had a good run, but nothing is for certain in these contests.

- Walter.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I thought Round 9 would be fairly easy, but apparently not. This one will be a lot more difficult than it should be.

[c]Round 10

Listen to the Clip

Submit Your Answer

Enter your HTF user name and your answer in the subject line of the email like this

JohnRice - Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

[/c]

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Don't feel bad. I'm drawing a blank on this one also. :)

There are some cues in the clip to consider, but so far zippo.

- Walter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks