What's new

Directors Name That Movie - A Contest (#4) (2 Viewers)

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
Alas, it's been 10 years since I've seen Odd Man Out, and while I knew that it wasn't The Third Man (Grocer and Confectioner are English words), I didn't wanna hazard a guess (because I instinctively knew that if I was wrong, I would be taunted by the tourney-runner!) :)

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I didn't wanna hazard a guess (because I instinctively knew that if I was wrong, I would be taunted by the tourney-runner!) :)
But Jan, surely you realize that you would be taunted by the tourney-runner anyway, right?

:D

You obviously studied the prior image carefully to see the words "Grocer and Confectioner" on the building. To bad it didn't help you. :p)

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I've never seen Odd Man Out. I managed to convince myself it was from the opening of Magnolia. :b

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Brook-

Does your email identify you as "Kennon"? :confused:

If so, you got this one right, which "almost" makes up for that Magnolia guess! :)

Seriously though, I would much rather see people taking guesses than not submit a response at all, so good job! :emoji_thumbsup:

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
New contest...love it! Maybe I'll be able to keep current with this one better than I could with Rain and Graeme's tourney.

Bruce

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
Somehow I had got the impression guesses would be allowed throughout the brackets, which made me kinda glad since I wouldn't have to worry about missing out the occasional weekend. Oh, well...

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Somehow I had got the impression guesses would be allowed throughout the brackets, which made me kinda glad since I wouldn't have to worry about missing out the occasional weekend. Oh, well...
I wish there was a way to do this, but I think people would get pretty bored if they had to wait a whole week to get the answers. I am trying to keep each image up for 24 hours, so if you can only make it here once per day, that should be enough.

As stated in my original post, images will be posted every day (around 4:30 to 5:00 p.m) EXCEPT Saturday. Thus, the image posted Friday evening will remain available for guesses until Sunday evening.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Round Two

[url=http://home.earthlink.net/~rob360/Cap16.jpg] [/url]

Click on the image above to make your guess for the current round.

Guesses will be accepted by Email only and should be in the subject field of the message in the following format:

Round 1 - Lawrence of Arabia

(I am going to try and keep the current Image on the last page of this thread as much as possible)

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
Rob, I hope you don't mind if I send you my guesses via PM as well. :)

It's not like I don't trust you, it's mainly because I simply don't like e-mail and prefer not to use it (that may sound strange, I know).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks