Name that device!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jereme D, Feb 16, 2002.

1. Jereme D

Jereme D Stunt Coordinator

I need to know the name of the little connectors that go on the end of wires that hook into the spring type speaker terminals. I've tried just searching for banana plugs, but those that I have found so far have been too big.

2. Dan Hine

Dan Hine Screenwriter

Jereme,

They are called pin connectors. My experience with them has not been good, however. They don't stay in the spring clips very well at all and offer much less contact area. Hope that helps.

Dan Hine

3. Jereme D

Jereme D Stunt Coordinator

I actually thought about that since they are round.

What if I put a spade connector on the wire and cut off one prongs of the spade so that it would fit into the spring clip?

I've always thought that spring clip connections were unprofessional looking, but I've never seen anything around other than those pin connectors for cleaning it up.

4. Dan Hine

Dan Hine Screenwriter

Hmmmm, from the spades I have seen I am not sure that your idea would work. I think the spade (even just one side of it) would be to wide to fit. I feel your pain as I don't much care for spring clips either. My recommendation remains the same though, just use barewire. [​IMG] Hey at least it won't be in a place were everyone can see it, right? [​IMG]
    Regards,
    Dan Hine

5. Chuck_C

Chuck_C Stunt Coordinator

Just solder the ends of the wires. And then maybe flatten them a bit. The cost is right.

6. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

I've always used bare wire with spring connectors. It worked well enough.

7. Earl Simpson

Earl Simpson Supporting Actor

Keith is right! Don't get too fancy. Stick zeeeee wire in zeee hole and forget about it![​IMG]