What's new

Name of the Rose aspect ratio non-issues (1 Viewer)

Zachary Cohen

Stunt Coordinator
Please read the reviews of "Name of the Rose" on Amazon located here

Here we have several people claim that the movie is only being released in full screen which is not the case as I have just watched it and it obviously is not. Then we have someone commenting on the review who goes to rail on against "corporation" that has released the movie in full screen because of their "greed". Then we have people complaining that the movie is in widescreen but are mad because it is matted, not in "true anamoprhic widescreen" (even though it was not shot in 2.35:1). Then we have another who has no idea what "matted widescreen" means and thinks that a full screen release has simply been matted to make it 'appear widescreen' when it really isn't.

It saddens me that people are being dissuaded from purchasing items based on erroneous information. Just as annoying as people who advise others not to buy a DVD because it has those "stupid black bars" on the top and bottom.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
You lost me as soon as you said "reviews at Amazon".

You didn't really expect intelligent discourse there did you?;)

Zachary Cohen

Stunt Coordinator
Of course I do! I love reading insulting one star reviews with their corresponding insulting five star reviews! :D

jason:g

Stunt Coordinator
Those Amazon reviews are not reviews of that particular DVD.

Strangely, Amazon allows (user) reviews written for something else (VHS or film review) to be associated with DVD.

The only review that you can trust is the "professional review" that is written for the DVD, that clearly states "This review is for the DVD version of the film".

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick

Unfortunately, that would entail constant monitoring of all posted reviewed by people who actually knew the truth about every DVD.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member

Don't they do this anyway? Aren't reviews submitted for approval or something like that?

There really are some horrendously misleading reviews for certain products of course...

The Bible

:rolleyes

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks