What's new

Name a TV series where most/all cast die (SPOILER RICH of course) (1 Viewer)

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
does EVERYONE die by the end of oz? i guess it is a prison show, lulz. i shall check it out when i have time >P.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex

Oh, I get that... I just figured... since they do all die at the end, it does fit the mould, and hell, if I didn't mention it, someone else would've I'm sure!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
While everyone wasn't technically "dead" at the end of Six Feet Under I think that the closing montage in the final episode of that show was one of the more memorable extended scenes in TV history. They showed the eventual demise of each and every major character of the show to wrap everything up in the spirit of the production in a most effective manner. Talk about placing a period at the end of the sentence (and just about guaranteeing no follow-up series - at least not in normal terms)!

;)

Steve_Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve Smith
Thinking about everyone dying in a show, The Young Ones was the first thing that came to mind. Going over a cliff *through the billboard of Cliff Richards no less* and then the giant explosion...a great ending to a great show. Now I need to go dig out the DVD set to re-watch all the episodes again

Dave Jessup

Stunt Coordinator
Mathematically it's not quite there, but Torchwood's second season finale is pretty heavy-duty. Taking the series as a whole, one "red herring" character dies in the first episode, is brought back and killed again later; one main character is killed mid-second season... and dies again in the above-mentioned 2nd-year finale. Not to mention the lead character getting offed multiple times through the series seen so far. Computing that way, well....

My wife and I love this cheerful little show!

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
that's a good one

anymore... this thread came to me while reading Lost season threads. people always complained of offing characters for sweeps, etc. but i'm like, dude, most of the Lost cast are all still alive. jack was supposed to have died, but remained. so far ancillary characters have been offed except for Locke.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I was just reminded of one this morning. And I can't believe I forgot, because it may be the greatest comedy series.. yes, comedy. But all of the main characters were killed in the last episode in one of the most touching moments ever on TV. The episode began incredibly funny.. and it ended with a bang and mourning. Perfect ending ever for a series.

BLACKADDER

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks