What's new

Name a show (that lasted less than one season) you wished was not cancelled?... (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I LOVE Chevy Chase and wished his talk show lasted longer. As bad as it was, it was still good for a laugh or two. But as long as they don't bring back Shaq's show, I guess I can live without The Chevy Chase show :D

And how about "The Edge"? I don't think that made it past the first season? Remember The Edge? It was like MadTV and was out around the time of the Ben Stiller show. It starred Julie Brown and Jennifer Aniston (before Friends), & Tom Kenny, etc.

Good stuff! :emoji_thumbsup:

Mike Pollmann

Stunt Coordinator
Firefly (I still am hoping this will be back.)
Crusade
The Job (did this complete a season? I remember them breaking up the season into segments.)

RobertW

Supporting Actor
Robbery Homicide Division-with tom sizemore. never saw an episode cause it was on opposite something else i was watching at the time.(boomtown?)
Brooklyn South
Dream Street-set in springsteen's new jersey streets
Almost Grown-tim daly, time-hopping around significant life moments, with his love for music a primary force.
A Year in the Life

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
What about Martin Short Show (1994)not the 1999 with Jimmy Glick!

with Andrea Martin, Brian Doyle- Murray and Jan Hooks

there was one sketch where two guys were backwards praksters, they would prepay for gas, then NOT pump any gas, drive off and laugh about it uncontrolably.

Christopher Bosley

Stunt Coordinator
Cupid, with Jeremy Piven was far better than ABC deserved or treated it (but then again isn't that par for the course with all their good dramas?)

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
And how about "The Edge"? I don't think that made it past the first season?
TV Tome lists one season of seventeen episodes. I could've sworn there were two, but apparently I'm misremembering. Perhaps the series was just a bit different by the end than it was at the beginning...I vaguely seem to remember some slight changes in the cast, and the "What _____ is doing right this minute" had disappeared, I believe in favor of ramblings from a really bad author. ("The brick fell like a...like a...heavy red stone" is one that springs to mind.)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Profit - Unique, interesting storylines with a creepy feel to it.. too bad it got sold short. I've love to see the eps on DVD.. just watching him get into the box while he waited to figure out how far up the ladder he could climb.. it was intriguing ;)

Space: Above & Beyond (I think this almost had 2 seasons, but can't remember) but has any inventive, non-franchise SciFi really worked on TV? S:A&B should have been given a chance.

The Tick: Give something different a chance

Clerks: The Animated Series.. at least we got the DVDs

Basically.. I wish for innovative TV instead of Dateline 4 nights a week with the latest "stumper" case or following of some new-trumped-up media vehicle that I could really give a c&*(^&* about.

But, that's just me.

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston
FIRST MONDAY on CBS- Well I guess it did last a season.....but they ended it with a cliff-hanger and I hate that it will never be resolved. It was actually a good show.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Count me in for the likes of Space: Above & Beyond, Earth 2, Brooklyn South, although I thought these actually managed one full season? Likewise Battlestar Galactica (where is that DVD boxset already?!?!??!?).

Add Grapevine, Profit, and presently still showing on local TV, Greg The Bunny. I cannot believe it did not survive, it is absolutely hilarious.

One which no one has mentioned yet, and I'm embarrassed to admit to :b : D.C. It's claim to fame now is that it had Mark-Paul Gosselaar, now on NYPD, and the Terminatrix, Kristanna Loken (man, was/is she ever hot!)

James T

Screenwriter
Action: It stars Jay Mohr. What more can you ask for in comedy show?

The Tick: I only saw one episode, but it was funny. I can't remember what show I watched to miss it though.....Probably Survivor, Angel or Buffy

Clerks: I think enough has been said about this show.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
So many good suggestions in this thread. Freaks and Geeks, The Ben Stiller Show, and The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. are all on my instant purchase list when they are released on DVD.

Other one season or less shows that I enjoyed:
Darkroom • A 1981 "Twilight Zone"-esque anthology series hosted by James Coburn. The episode where the toy soldiers attacked a man freaked me out.
The Phoenix • Four episodes! It starred Judson Scott, otherwise known as Khan's first mate in STII:TWoK.
Bring 'em Back Alive and Tales of the Gold Monkey • Both of these series aired in 1982, attempting to cash in on the success of Raiders of the Lost Ark. I probably liked TotGM more.
Voyagers! • The end of the series was brought about by Jon-Erik Hexum's death.
Wizards & Warriors • Jeff Conaway was slightly miscast, but Clive Revill was a great villain. Eight episodes.
Misfits of Science • A really fun show. 17 filmed episodes.
Max Headroom • Two seasons, but only 14 episodes.
The New Adventures of Beans Baxter • Another fun show. 17 episodes.
Hey Vern, It's Ernest • Jim Varney probably overexposed the Ernest P. Worrell character, but I liked this show. 13 episodes.
The Famous Teddy Z • Alex Rocco was hilarious. 15 aired episodes.
Davis Rules • Cancelled from its first season on ABC. Then cancelled again from its second season on CBS.
Flying Blind • Nothing could be sexier than Tea Leoni's character in this show.
Going to Extremes • I liked this show.
Mr. & Mrs. Smith • Maria Bello was why I watched, but the show was pretty good. 9 aired episodes.
The Dana Carvey Show • I loved the Clinton suckling puppies skit!
Maximum Bob • Why was this show cancelled? I though it was doing well, but it just disappeared. 7 episodes.
Now and Again • Fun stuff, especially Dennis Haysbert breaking out into song occasionally.
The Chimp Channel • What can I say? Talking chimps are funny.
Gideon's Crossing • Well, I liked it.
Andy Richter Controls the Universe • There were 14 aired episodes spread across two seasons, but there are still five unaired episodes that I am dying to see. Please Fox, for the love of all that is holy, show these episodes!

Brad

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Wow, you guys have brought up alot of memorise. I woill have to agree with...

Dark Shadows (91)
Action
Firefly
Crusade
Greg the Bunny
Odyssey 5 (OK, I'll admit.. it was a little on the weak side

and of course...
MAX HEADROOM!

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Brad,

Actually, Jon-Eric Hexum was killed on the set of his next series. His show was cancelled by the network, not by his death. But, a show with great potential.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Actually, Jon-Eric Hexum was killed on the set of his next series.
Which was "Cover Up", the secret agents using a modeling agency as a front. Probably the best of that type of show. Certainly better than VIP or She Spies...

Jason

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I wish That's My Bush could have been picked up by someone else... that show is indeed one of the funniest shows I've ever seen on TV. Well, at least every episode was great. :)

/Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks