What's new

Name a show (that lasted less than one season) you wished was not cancelled?... (1 Viewer)

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I agree with Alien Nation, Undeclared, Freeks and Geeks, Odyssey 5, and would like to add.....

Nasty Boys.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Wow! Someone got to Automan before I did! I loved that cheesy show. :D God help me, I can still remember an episode where "Auto" decided to emulate John Travolta and do some disco dancing. (Don't remember WHY he did that... but the image stuck...LOL!)

Kindred: The Embraced - loved it! I'm a fan of the WhiteWolf game, so this was fun for me. To bad the fellow who played the Prince died so young. :frowning:

Dark Shadows (91) - Loved it! I thought the fellow who played Barnabus (sp) was awesome.

Police Squad - 'nuff said. :D

Battlestar - 'nuff said

Greg The Bunny - Funny and original. This show had me rollin' on the floor on regular occasions. I just about died when "Susan" was getting tickled and muttered something about "uh...uh... almost...there". YEEP!

I'd like to have ALL of these on disc!!!! :D

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
The Flash

I'm not sure if it qualifies, but I know for a fact that it didn't make it past one season. It was my favorite show at the time, and I was pretty upset to hear that it had been cancelled.

If the WB releases the series, I'll be buying it without even batting an eyelash.

Moe.

Rey L

Stunt Coordinator
The Marshall Chronicles (Anyone remember that one?)
Grapevine
Freaks and Geeks
Fastlane (although it did last a full season)

Dave Anderson

Second Unit
That 80s Show

It got off to a bad start, but it was getting bad. I thought it had some potential. Plus, it's the only show EVER that both my wife and I enjoyed watching.

Also put me down for Freaks and Geeks. Great show.

Nathan_F

Second Unit
Real Name
Nathan
Recently--
Freaks and Geeks
Hidden Hills

2 of the very few shows that I would make a point to watch or tape every week.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Freaks and Geeks
Against the Grain - Marie and Kate's dad on 24 played the dad of Ben Affleck (when Ben could act)
Shannon's Deal - with Elizabeth Pena and Jamey Sheridan of L&O:CI - it aired for a few weeks in the spring of '90 and '91 and was axed to make room for Sisters!

WadeB

Stunt Coordinator
I'll add a vote for Freaks and Geeks most definately as well as one I've not seen here yet: Push, NV. Anyone else like this show?

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
EZ Streets

Amazing, amazing show. It still upsets me to this day how it wasn't given a fair chance.

Eric C D

Second Unit
When I read the question, it was just begging to have Firefly listed.

Mine (from lately):
Firefly
The Tick
Push, NV

Eric

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
What?!? How could nobody have mentioned Cop Rock? :laugh:

Christopher P, British series are often short lived. Many times a single season will consist of around six episodes and sometimes that's all there will be for a series. Personnaly I think this is kind of good because they don't run them into the ground, or try and milk the same on-again off-again romance for years (Friends).

A few recent ones that I miss:
Firefly
The Tick
Greg the Bunny

Fox has had a number of others they never gave a chance that I miss, but I can't recall them now. I think there could be a thread just for series that Fox screwed up on and killed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks