What's new

Name a show (that lasted less than one season) you wished was not cancelled?... (1 Viewer)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Plenty that have already been mentioned, but how about M.Y.O.B.? Sharp TV version of The Opposite Of Sex, with a darn good cast.

Of course, if NBC had aired it mid-season and picked it up, then Lauren Graham doesn't do Gilmore Girls.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Good one Steve! I remember following Dark Shadows back in the 60's and then following the newer series when it came out in the 90's. It was done very well , had a great looking cast, but alas, I think it was on Friday nights up against some tough competition. Did this happen to get released on dvd? Is Hidden Hills cancelled for sure, I thought the network was mulling it over due to all the requests to save it.

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
ROAR

Thought it was cool that the antagonist to these Druid/Celtic warriors was an immortal Pontius Pilate.

I just noticed that this is now running on SciFi.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
American Gothic (Nearly a full season, but I think some of the final episodes were skipped). Also, Kindred: The Embraced.

More recently, Greg the Bunny and Miracles.

Christopher P

Supporting Actor
Doesn't really count since it filmed over a couple different years I believe, but didn't Fawlty Towers only make like 12 episodes?

Chris

JohnAP

Second Unit
My picks from recent years would be Firefly and Freaks and Geeks. It looks like Firefly will definitely be coming to dvd. I know Nathon Fillion and Joss Whedon have already recorded commentaries and Joss is going to make it happen. Judd Apatow is also hard at work trying to get Freaks and Geeks on dvd. I think there's a good chance that'll happen in the next couple years. The audience really grew when the repeats started on cable.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I will echo the sentiments on Dark Shadows (1991) and Kindred: The Embraced.

DS91 is tentatively planned to be released to DVD after MPI finishes its run with the original series. The ending of the 13-episode run still gets my goat to this day. Victoria Winters wakes from her time traveling trip to 1790, where she found out her new beau, Barnabas Collins, is a 200+ year-old vampire. She sits up in bed, looks at Barnabas standing nearby, and gasps. Cue end credits... ARGH!

What's really sad about KTE is that Showtime was very interested in picking up the series from Fox, but the untimely death of its star scuttled the idea.

James Landau

Stunt Coordinator
Vengeance Unlimited (God did I ever love this series. Easily the best show of the 1998 TV season. I've never forgiven ABC for cancelling it. Somebody please release it on DVD!)
It's Your Move (Absolutely hilarious sitcom from the 1984 TV season with Jason Bateman and David Garrison (who later played Steve on Married...with Children) each trying to outwit the other. Another must have on DVD.)
American Gothic
Firefly
The Lone Gunmen
Freaks and Geeks
Otherworld
Covington Cross (with Glenn Quinn who went on to play Doyle on Angel)
Cold Feet (with Dina Spybey/Waters who later played Dottie on Greg the Bunny)

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Nowhere Man
American Gothic
VR.5
Space: Above and Beyond
Space Rangers
Prey
I also agree with Kindred: The Embraced, however the tragic loss of the lead actor might well have ruined the series anyway.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
It's Profit, with one "f"....and that would be at the top of my list. I loved My So Called Life, but there were 19 episodes, isn't that a full season?

Chuck L

Screenwriter
I really would have liked to have seen the problems has been corrected and that Birds of Prey would of made it past 13 shows. It had promise, just not many, including the WB behind it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks