Naked DSL (aka DSL without phone service)

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Will_B, Aug 6, 2004.

1. Will_B

Will_B Producer

Thought it might be useful if people would chime in with whether they are being offered naked DSL in their area.

It seems like this year, this service is finally getting underway (the companies basically forced into it by the fact that many people have cell phones). But what I've read so far indicates that the west coast is getting this before the east... conflicting reports in the east... So, if you have naked DSL, or any reliable info about when naked DSL is coming to your area, please post.

2. Ken.Nischan

Ken.Nischan Agent

I transitioned to naked DSL. I had a phone line set up in my Baltimore apartment when I moved down and started DSL with Covad. After a few months I realized it was a waste to have a landline when I have a cell from my employer so I cut the phone service off. My DSL remained unaffected [​IMG]

3. Will_B

Will_B Producer

Very daring of you! I've wondered if that might be a way to force the result....but I don't think I want to gamble. I'm trying to get Verizon to admit that they announced in The Boston Globe that they are rolling it out in 12 states including Massachusetts where I live, but so far their help desk denies all knowledge...