What's new

Naked City - new 10DVD set coming in November (1 Viewer)

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Thanks, I only saw the reply below that and thought that was the original post with the message from Image. Would be great if this is true as it should be available complete at long last. What Route 66 did for the rest of America, Naked City did for preserving the vanishing world of New York City in that era.

Wvtvguy

Second Unit
Real Name
Marc
Wow! I received the 40 episode set the other day & what I've seen has been excellent!! This is my first exposure to the show. What a polished production !!

Guy Foulard

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Jack P said:
These are the ones that will be new to DVD: "Sweet Prince Of Delancy Street" (Season 2; Robert Morse, Dustin Hoffman) "Down The Long Night" (Season 2; Leslie Nielsen, Nehemiah Persoff) "To Walk In Silence" (Season 2; Telly Savalas, Deborah Walley) "Tombstone For A Derelict" (Season 2; Robert Redford) "Bullets Cost Too Much" (Season 2; Dick York, James Caan) "Lady Bug, Lady Bug" (SEASON 1! This is from the first season half hour version!) "One Of The Most Important Men In The Whole World" (Season 3: Richard Conte) "Line Of Duty" (ANOTHER SEASON 1 HALF HOUR EPISODE!) "The Pedigree Sheet" (Season 2; Suzanne Pleshette, Murray Hamilton) I am really surprised we're finally getting two S1 episodes with John McIntire and James Franciscus but fine by me! That means then that 67 of 99 hour long shows are represented now.
FYI--the Amazon price on this (Naked City: 20 Star-Filled Episodes - 5 disc set) just dropped to $13.99, the lowest I've seen it. To recap--it has 10 episodes that weren't in the previous Image Entertainment releases.

Roy Wall

Supporting Actor
I hate to hear that. I was so hoping for at least one more set. I did want "The Deadly Guinea Pig" to make it on a release as that is probably my favorite episode of the hourly shows.

Yes...WvtvGuy...it's a fabulous show. In fact it's in my top ten....along with Star Trek (TOS), The Fugitive, The Twilight Zone, Gunsmoke, Have Gun Will Travel, Mission Impossible, Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Andy Griffith Show and Hill Street Blues.

Horace McMahon, Paul Burke and Harry Bellaver really made a great team. Of course I loved John McIntire in the half hour version.

Wvtvguy

Second Unit
Real Name
Marc
I'm only a few episodes in but I'm thinking of biting on the smaller DVD release just to get more episodes!! This definitely needs season sets! So glad I discovered this show!

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
FanCollector said:
No date yet, but it's coming...
Nice! I waited too long on the initial DVD releases, and then they went out-of-print. The new sets look interesting, but are still 'Best of' jumbles, so I've held off, just in case... and it looks like my strategy (yeah, that's it, not merely simple laziness and procrastination... LOL) has paid off.

Guy Foulard

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
29 discs!!!! 6600 minutes!!! :dancing-banana-04: This definitely includes the half hour season.

I locked in my $99.99 preorder before the price can jump back up closer to $179.99.

Roy Wall

Supporting Actor
This is the BEST DVD news in a LONG time for ME. I AM THRILLED !!!!!!!!!!
smiley-talk017.gif
smiley-dance006.gif
smiley-angelic008.gif
smiley-eatdrink013.gif
smiley-gen053.gif
smiley-happy093.gif
love.gif

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Guy Foulard said:
29 discs!!!! 6600 minutes!!! :dancing-banana-04: This definitely includes the half hour season.

I locked in my $99.99 preorder before the price can jump back up closer to $179.99.
Ditto! :cool:

Guy Foulard

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
hypnohighball said:
Now - looks like I better sell my full set of Image dvds.....
The question is...will the set include all the great original commercials included on the three box sets? I don't want to be optimistic enough to hope for more of those, but I'm hoping it won't lose the extras we already had.

Silverking

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris Street
Great news, thanks for the heads up. Now if someone would just do 'The Defenders' & 'Adventures in Paradise'.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I could envision five discs for the half hour season 1 episodes and 24 discs for 99 hour shows.

I like the show a good deal but if I have one quibble it's that the main characters in the hour long show remained too static over the course of the run. Granted, they were not as important to the storytelling as the guest stars, but it wouldn't have hurt to have Detective Flint finally get married at some point!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks