What's new

Naim AV2 processor (1 Viewer)

Jay Jack

Auditioning
Hi Richard

I'm a Naim user and am also considering the AV2. Did you end up giving a whirl?

Jay

GeorgeC

Agent
Richard,

I love Naim. I have some of their older amps/integrated amps (NAP 140, Nait 2). Unfortunately, they're not hooked up to other Naim equipment, as I hear they are even better this way. But I love their sound. They make some amazing amps. It's hard to believe the tiny 30-watt per channel Nait boxes can produce so much power and such a sense of sheer musicality.

Piers C

Stunt Coordinator
Have any of you gone with the Naim AV2?

I was in a local dealer this evening looking at pre/pros and did a demo. Did not have a lot of time to listen, so it was all in 2-channel. But it was gorgeous sound! The setup includ. NAP150, Sony S9000ES SACD, Linn Katan. Very full soundstage & everything transparent.

It was unfair to demo any other components after that!

John_KM

Agent
Hi Richard,
I'm a Naim user/fan, and admit to my own biases in that I wouldn't have anything else. Having said that, I consider other equipment in that sort of league, ie Conrad Johnson, Audio Research, Krell etc to be as good from an engineering and sound point of view, but, different. FOR ME, coming from a background of musical study, it is the most 'musical' sounding and involving HiFi equipment I've ever heard.
My system represents years of experience with other brands, hours of overtime and careful saving to own my 'dream' system, so I've got a lot of time and $$ invested, but if I was doing it over again, wouldn't hesitate for a second. I have enormous satisfaction with my system, and little if any upgraditis desires.
Re the AV2. As a 'newbie' to HT, I've been investigating and exploring my options re adding HT to my existing 2 channel system. Top of the list is the AV2. In the context of a Naim system, it is without question the finest that I've heard. Note, within the context of a Naim system. No doubt it would sit quite well with other brands/equipment, however less than sympathetic matching equipment would likely dilute the particularly fine way the AV2 handles dynamics, tonal timbre and accuracy, and the subtlities of imaging etc.
I've extensively auditioned the AV2, and have decided against it on the grounds of cost only, FOR ME. I could do a lot with my 2 channel system re going active, and arguably, as I've been involved in some discussions here on this forum re this subject, in the presence of video as a major contributing factor in the overall HT involvement/enjoyment experience, one can 'get away with' slightly lesser sound quality IMHO. My decision is to allocate my funds towards 2 channel, and go medium/lower high end if you will, with the audio side of things for HT.
IF you've got the funds, and more importantly own Naim already, I wouldn't hesitate. It really is that good.
Lucky is the man who can afford such equipment.
Will be interested to hear of how things turn out for you with it.
Best Regards,
John. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks