NAD vs H/K vs Marantz

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by EdNichols, Jun 13, 2003.

1. EdNichols

EdNichols Second Unit

I have read many threads on comparing one or the other of these three, but not together. These seem to be what comes to mind when anyone mentions wanting the best reciever for music. I wonder if anyone has had the chance to directly compare & listen to these three brands. If so what did you think?

2. Michael Roderiques

Michael Roderiques Stunt Coordinator

ED

Yes I have. It was my job.

Up until March, I was employed by a leading consumer electronics manufacturer.

In testing, both objective and subjective in our labs
    The NAD equipment out-performed both of the other manufacturers by quite a bit. Actually we had a few "notable ears" from some high dollar companies do some listening, A few times they picked the NAD as one of the best sounding.

3. Pablo Abularach

Pablo Abularach Supporting Actor

For me Marantz and Harman Kardon are companies more alike, they seem to have entry levels options as well as high end stuff. I think between the two, I like more the sound of a Marantz but I do believe that Harman has more juice in the amps than marantz, both are very good companies, very good amps for music, but I give the final edge to marantz.

But for me there is no comparison with NAD, wich for me is a more high end consumer than the other two. With Nad you dont get so many options (in recievers) as of with Marantz or HK, like entry level, but the reciever are high quality and extremly good for music.

But at the end is matter of choice and budget.