1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

NAD T773 wiring subwoofer (Need Help)

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Kaos, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Kaos

Kaos Auditioning

I am trying to hook up a NEC powered Subwoofer to a NAD T773. Cannot get it to work right. The Sub has a mono rca plug in and out plus it as L/R speaker connections.
    The 773 has speakers connected to the L/R Front, Center and Surround L/R. All these connections are on the A speakers.
    Thanks for any help.

2. John S

John S Producer

And what is the issue???

Does it not have an option in the setup for a single subwoofer? I'll bet the two sub outputs are mono, so it would not even matter.

3. Kaos

Kaos Auditioning

The T773 does have two sub mono outputs. I plugged it in to each one and get no sound out of the sub. The only time I got any sound out of the sub was when I hooked speaker wires from the 773 directly to the speaker connections on the sub.
    I will check again on the setup screen for one sub setup.

4. John S

John S Producer

Hmmm... You tried a different Line Level cable to the sub? I'm not familure with the bass managemant on that super nice AVR. But most times the speakers must be set to small, or you will only get LFE to the sub when running real DD 5.1/EX or DTS 5.1/6.1.

Probably still a setup issue, or the cable to the sub is bad.

5. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Assuming your cable is good, it sounds like you don’t have the subwoofer enabled in the NAD.

A telling clue is the fact that you get the sub to work when you connect it via speaker wires. This means you have the speakers set to "large," because if they were set to "small" like they should be, you'd be getting virtually nothing from the sub through the speaker connections.

I suggest you spend some time studying the NAD's manual. If you don't have one, you should contact NAD and get them to send you one.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

6. Gene:U

Gene:U Auditioning

Gene Ulmer
    Kaos,does your sub have a auto/on/off switch,a gain control
    and a crossover frequency control knob? Set the power switch to auto,set the crossover all the way up to the highest frequency,to get it out of the way,so that the receiver's crossover settings is the only one in control,or, does the sub have a LFE line level input?
    You have to make sure you have the receiver set up properly for a sub,small setting for all speakers,sub on and crossover set to 80 or 100,depends on your other speakers bass handling.
    Also,your DVD player needs to be set up to output bit-stream
    through the audio digital output.
    You only need 1 cable from the receiver to a subwoofer,sub out on receiver to subwoofer line level input,forget the line level out on sub,you do not need to use it.
    Try this and let us know if this helps,also,try different cables,make sure they are for audio.

7. Kaos

Kaos Auditioning

OK, that helped. Got it working now, thanks!