What's new

NAD T773 experiences? (1 Viewer)

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Would any owners like to share their experiences with the t773 with me?

What I'm looking for are things like:
1. Does it suffer from any dropout issues when using DTS and DD?
2. Any ergonomic issues aka little annoyances I should be aware of.
3. Anyone know what the bandwidth of the component ins is? I know Denon was 100mhz so I was hoping it was equal to that..
4. How heavy is it? The Web listed it as NAD lists it as 52 lbs(67 shipping weight), while a place like Yawa lists it as 48 lbs shipped. An audiogon ad lists it at 64. Who is right?? Not a big deal but just an question is all..

Given a few factors(none of which is price), and if NAD does offer this receiver the PLIIX upgrade(which is a must for me), I'd be really inclined to purchase it over my other choices.

Erik Farstad

Supporting Actor
His Shane:

1. No it does not.
2. I have not heard or experienced any, but others could chime in.
3. 50mhz
4. 52.8 lbs

Hope that helps.

Greg Kolinski

Second Unit
Shane......... If you are going out reciever shopping this
weekend ,give me a call.I will help you spend $$$$$:D

Greg

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Haha Greg, I'm not going shopping this weekend. Having just spend a ton on speakers and I'm about to buy a new subwoofer and Television, the receiver has to wait a few months which works out well if this receiver turns out to be what I'm looking for.

ericanthonE

Stunt Coordinator
hi, i bought mine last week and absolutely love it! I am still awaiting my speakers (7 in all) to really know about dropout issues, etc.

I would be more than happy to answer any questions.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
How ergonomic is it to setup? Meaning are the menus and stuff well laid out. I'm more wondering about those types of things at this point.

I don't plan to use their remote as I plan to use a Pronto 1000.

Ray_C

Stunt Coordinator
I have the T163 Pre/pro, and I'm assuming that it has the same OSD setup as the T773. I find it to be quite intuitive and very easy to navigate. You can also store settings for different inputs and name them, so that you can choose different bass mgmt/speaker size settings...very useful in switching between movies and music. Another owner of the T163 chimed in praising the integration of the Pronto with the T163, so I think you'll be good.

Leo

Second Unit
Yeah, the menus are simple to use and I love the minor adjustment that can be done without having to go thru numerous menus. I'm using the T163 with a Pronto. I was able to get everything coding to it in no time. Also I love the preset for varying setting storage.

ericanthonE

Stunt Coordinator
i agree that it is extemely easy to use. It is very well laid out, i think that the only complicated feature setting that it asks for is the crossover setting.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Shane, did you pull the trigger on the T773? Any experiences you want to share (esp. re: any dropouts)?

I know the NADs drop out digital signals from CD players (my T762 does) but it is totally unnoticeable on any DVDs I've played (and I've played hundreds).

I'm thinking of upgrading to a T763 ot T773 but wanted to hear if the new ones had reduced the dropouts on CDs. My DACs on my Sony CD player are decent so I get around it by feeding my T762 via analog, but it'd be nice to use the better DACs in the NADs...

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
This is not likely to happen until late May or Early June and by that time I think we'll know for certain what is going on with their supposed PLIIX upgrade.

I'm deciding between it and the Rotel 1056+ amp.

At this point I'm really undecided. The dropout issues do bother me some and I want to make sure I get an about as bug free unit as possible.

ericanthonE

Stunt Coordinator
If you buy an NAD, i would HIGHLY recommend yawaonline. In fact, they are one of the few people that i would really do business with. I love buying from them. 'Davidy' is who i get all of my stuff from.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Preaching to the choir, Eric. They're my local store (well, they actually moved recently so they're about 50 miles away now) and I go in-store.

David is a wonderful person, which is why I too recommend him and his store whenever I can.

I would not hesitate to call him a friend, and he's about the only one I can say that about (and Bill who used to work there but left to help out at his father's business) in nearly a decade in this hobby.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks