1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

NAD T753 Owners Inside...

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Joel()Les, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Joel()Les

Joel()Les Agent

I've had my NAD 753 hooked up for a couple weeks and I like the receiver but I was surprised by what I assume is the fan noise. The motor has a hum/buzz that seems louder than I would expect.

Anybody else experience this?

2. Joel()Les

Joel()Les Agent

ttt

3. Joris van W.

Joris van W. Auditioning

I tested the 763 a few weeks ago. It has the same problem. The fan is not 'intelligent'. It's always on. The sound of the NAD 7x3 series is great, but the background noise (I also noticed a 'hum' in the subwoofer channel) is very irritating. For me it was the reason not to go for a NAD receiver.

4. JamieS

JamieS Stunt Coordinator

I have not heard the 753 but I did look seriously at the 752. NAD is a very nice sounding receiver but I basically won't buy anything bthat has a fan. Even though the fans are almost not noticable to people fans having moving parts that fail. Fans get louder with age and I for one don't want that. I have a hard time understanding why they need them when other companies can build amps with similar power without them. I've ahd a lot of bad experiences with PC fans going bad.