What's new

Nad T743 (1 Viewer)

wilborn f

Agent
Hi, i am thinking of upgrading my denon 1604 by replacing it with a Nad T743 and i was just wondering if my plan will result to a better sounding HT and audio set-up.

The 1604 boasts of a 75 watt per channel output (for 6.1) while the T743 only commands a 50-watt output for 5.1.

My system is composed of Paradigm Minis for fronts, JM Lab Chorus for center and MA B2 for surrounds.

Your comments will be greatly appreciated

DarrylM

Stunt Coordinator
NAD rates their amplifier power very conservatively, while most of the Japanese brands (including Denon, Sony, and Onkyo) are notoriously loose with their ratings. I seriously doubt that the 743 will sound under-powered compared to the 1604, and my 743 doesn't even break a sweat in my system. (I run Polk speakers in a medium-sized living room.) I can't tell you whether you will like the HT sound of the 743 any better than your 1604 though, since that's very subjective... You'll probably have to just audition one to know for certain.

Best regards,
Darryl

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
IMO, it will absolutely sound better. I agree with DarrylM, and I guarantee the 743 has more real-world power than the 1604, but that doesn't mean YOU will like the sound better.

JerryMa

Stunt Coordinator
I own a NAD receiver and actually chose NAD over my original preference of Denon. I preferred the sound of the 762 over the Denon 3803, but that was just my taste.

One thing I will say about NAD is that they avoid adding unnecessary bells and whistles like some other brands -- you won't find so-called enhanced listening modes like "Dance", "Jazz", or "Concert" on a NAD receiver, allowing for the cleanest, most natural sound possible from your audio sources. But your preferences may be different, so go listen and check it out online and/or in-store to see what it can do.

Mark Russ

Second Unit
I have a 3803 and a NAD 753, and to my ears the NAD sounds better. But as others have already pionted out, you may find you actually like the Denon better yourself.

wilborn f

Agent
Thanks for all your comments.

Based on NAD's webside, T743's predecessor, the T742 has a Crystal chip DAC which i believe is not present in the T743. Does this mean that the 742 is better than the T743?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks