NAD T562 good experiences in America?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RogerCL, Dec 28, 2002.

1. RogerCL

RogerCL Auditioning

Hi,
    I´m from Germany and my name is Ruediger, in English Roger. Please apoligizes my wooden English. ;-)
    Actual there are interesting reports about very good experiences with the NAD T562, a relative new DVD player in Germany, on the forum called "heimkinoforum beisammen": http://212.105.197.47/vbportal/forum...threadid=26435
    Although the NAD T562 has only four 10Bit/54Mhz video processors (and not 12Bit/108MHz like the Pioneer 57Ai) the video quality in progressive scan mode is in such a high quality, that the NAD T562 will brought close to TAG McLaren DVD player. The audio quality of the NAD is already like a very good CD player. That´s a good result for a DVD player.
    And now folks what´s your experiences with the NAD T562?
    Roger

2. StevenN

StevenN Auditioning

Tell us more thoughts on the t562, Roger.

I have been demoing the t532 and have been impressed so far. NAD seems to have worked out the kinks in their 2nd batch of DVD players. Seems to be a very solid unit.

And by the way, your english is excellent.

3. RogerCL

RogerCL Auditioning

Here I’m again. My big interest in NAD T562 is coming from several postings in german “heimkinoforum beisammen”. I have translated two of the postings. Thereby I can train my forgotten school English ;-)

The first delivered report:

“So finally I have employed myself with the NAD 562 … The NAD is truly a terrific machine. It makes already a first class impression while unpacking. The setup is simple, clear and consequently quick finished. I was positive impressed about a calling gamma value in the player setup.
    The first DVD I started in interlaced modus and already in normal mode I don’t recognized my Panny. The picture took effect just more naturally in contrast to my Sony 300. Then a push on the progressive scan button: Suddenly the picture becomes very sharper and more spacious. The details on the screen are abrupt more simple to put out.
    The tone of the NAD is first class too. The entire sound image takes effect more relaxed, more spacious and more precise. Anyhow the deep bass don’t lose the pressure, which may not absence of explosions. Especially voices are sounding now clearer and more natural. I take the NAD for a DVD player with an outstanding rate of prize to performance. You should take a look of yourself at the machine.”

Another tester wrote, who compared the NAD T562 with a Philips 963SA in combination with a Sanyo Z1:

“What should I say? Progressive scan like sculptured. Perfect. Klueppi (another guy in the shop) came along and couldn’t retard himself to show his favourite scenes out of Space Cowboys. Also here perfect. Test pictures of a Peter Finzel test disc like a one. I had almost the impression that anybody has produced pictures in Photoshop, printed and adhered on my glasses. Short and good, I found the NAD is better than all other player in this class and wide above it. I was so enthusiastic that I ordered immediately.
    Meanwhile I have the player at home for five days and couldn’t calm down myself. Even my 100 % calibrated and merciless relevant testing machine, my girlfriend, has suddenly noticed that something has changed to a better performance.

What I was very surprised about was the music reproduction. Here I must send forward that I was former a fairly stereo high end man and I have changed sides through my growing passion for home cinema. This funny little black box of NAD has awoke the memory of my old WADIA CD turntable/DA converter combo and of my Brocksieper tube amplifier depending on dissolution and illustration. The entire musicality was true impressing. Formerly I had shrugged off NAD as high end for students. What a misjudgement. Before I started the first DVD I heard CDs for hours what wasn’t so for a long time.”

It should be useful to compare the NAD T562 with other good DVD player stuff. What’s your opinion?

Roger