What's new

Nad T163? (1 Viewer)

BarOr

Stunt Coordinator
Is it consider to be a good preamp?
Could anyone share personal experience ?

Leo

Second Unit
I've owned this pre-amp since January 2004 and love it. It offers me great flexibility (mulitiple settings to configure and save varying crossovers and video settings), plenty of inputs and outputs. I'm using several sources with it and it performs flawlessly. I enjoy music and movies (40/60) would be the split) and love how the NAD just sings. When I first added it, a friend who was familiar with my system wondered in I changed out some wires in my setup (I didn't let him know what was different or look at the rack). I've used the E.A.R.S. setting to listen to 2 channel in multi-channel mode - and it rocks. It's not gimmicky like some of the fancy DSP's. I have the NAD T163 paired with the NAD T973 - the combo rocks. Plenty of power, no fudging of numbers and so musical. It's truly a job.

Some other features I've made use of are the 12V triggers to turn on the amp and IR repeater. Currently I'm using the 5.1 set up on the system, but will be adding the other 2 channels later this month. If you have any other questions let me know. I've put this unit thru it's paces.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks